Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Boinger Bash Lounge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Hi Chaps, hoping everyone is well and healthy, the HW80 from the Norfolk bash is a 23mm diameter piston to see how far I could take things , having shot it next to Jon Buds 24mm one , future ones will be 24mm as the materials are more readily available and the extra work isn't worth the small gain . Its now all finished, re blacked and sitting in a Warren Edwards tyrolean stock.
    Hi Nick,

Fantastic to see you in the Boingery Lounge and I hope you are keeping well too.

Excellent information there. It would be lovely to witness this fine beast one day.

How's that beautiful aluminium rifle of yours doing? Any more development in recent times or did you leave as was?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Nick,

Fantastic to see you in the Boingery Lounge and I hope you are keeping well too.

Excellent information there. It would be lovely to witness this fine beast one day.

How's that beautiful aluminium rifle of yours doing? Any more development in recent times or did you leave as was?
    I use the ally gun for field target now (it's in a laminate stock) I now have a synthetic piston ring in it, and an even softer spring. Hopefully we can all meet up in the foreseeable future, and you can shoot them .

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Sunday morning BOING and up we go

Looks like it’s going to be another fine day here in Kent, and absolutely ideal for some outdoor plinking and boinging

Have a good day everyone

BOING
    Cheers for the BOING, Paul.

Hope you enjoy your session in the garden. I'll hope to do the same. However, I was allowed just a little play time earlier in the week, so I'm anticipating a somewhat cool reception to that notion.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a nice, helpful little road sign.

A muted Boing up the page and continuing thoughts to Craig and family.

Up we go with a Friday afternoon boing.

I recently bought some 'damaged tins' of Crosman Premier 'Domed Ultra Magnum' 14.3grn roundhead pellets from our sponsor, at a discounted price.
    Well, the tins and the contents look in good condition to me, and who can resist a bargain

This afternoon I tried a few in my .22 HW45 Silver Star, and they seem OK at close plinking ranges. They drop into the breech quite easily, and require just a short final push to seat them firmly in the barrel.

I haven't tried them over the chrono yet, but I'll do that soon, and try some other pellets as well for comparison.

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Bloody Tony, getting me all wound up over a new BSA. They should stick to Bantams!!!!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    They should stick to Bantams!!!!
    But the Bantam was a German bike.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Bloody Tony, getting me all wound up over a new BSA. They should stick to Bantams!!!!
    Sorry, Pete.. Were BSA involved in the poultry trade at any point?

Anyways, they have GOT to treat us to a boinger next!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Up we go with a Friday afternoon boing.

I recently bought some 'damaged tins' of Crosman Premier 'Domed Ultra Magnum' 14.3grn roundhead pellets from our sponsor, at a discounted price.
    Well, the tins and the contents look in good condition to me, and who can resist a bargain

This afternoon I tried a few in my .22 HW45 Silver Star, and they seem OK at close plinking ranges. They drop into the breech quite easily, and require just a short final push to seat them firmly in the barrel.

I haven't tried them over the chrono yet, but I'll do that soon, and try some other pellets as well for comparison.

BOING

The last few times I've bought pellets I've also bought them from JSR, Paul. Breaking one of my long standing self-imposed rules of supporting my "local". But I don't really have a local and I appreciate just how much the BBS means to me.

My last two orders have also included some Crosman pellets. The .22 wadcutters. Cheap as chips, seem really well made and finished and seemingly as good through my 2240s as anything else.. Everything from the H&N Excite range seems really good value too. I've only tried the .22 Hammer so far and, like the Crosmans mentioned, seem very good for the down to earth price. Makes shorter range home plinking in .22 less of a luxury pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    My last two orders have also included some Crosman pellets. The .22 wadcutters. Cheap as chips, seem really well made and finished and seemingly as good through my 2240s as anything else.. Everything from the H&N Excite range seems really good value too. I've only tried the .22 Hammer so far and, like the Crosmans mentioned, seem very good for the down to earth price. Makes shorter range home plinking in .22 less of a luxury pursuit.
    I bought some of these Crosman wadcutters to use in my Crosman 600 - a good all round pellet that shoots well for plinking in a variety of guns.

I note that 'Webley Verminpells' are the same, but cost more

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Any road signs like this one in the area, Neil, to help direct people in?

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    With the smell of dieselling 35s to guide us we won't need signs Tone
    Pete

Oh yes; that sweet, sweet aroma of a good dieselling boinger.; matched only by a two stroke motorbike delivering that intoxicating Castrol R hit.

Must get some leather seals lubed and fitted.

BOING!

Hello all, apologies but I’ve not had not much chance to contribute to the thread - when I’m not chequering, I’m house clearing at my Father in laws and rebuilding the work he’d started on the house itself. When I’m not doing any of the aforementioned, I’m working on something with Shaun which may be of interest to a few springer-folk...
    I’ll try my best to get something up and running for any forthcoming bashes. When all circumstances allow, I may also be able to sort a bash out at a nearby venue.
    I’ll keep you all posted.
    Best, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation