Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
Many thanks for the information DT! If you don’t mind I will incorporate it into the article!

I was aware that Fogel had thought about using bulk fill CO2 and it appears he may have developed a prototype at least according to that article in Science & Mechanics with actual photograph of the airgun. According to Fogel, via Larry, they never actually produced one. So it was perhaps Goodenow that added the bulk fill option.

Are you convinced your air shotgun is Goodenow and not maybe a prototype Fogel manufactured?

Interesting no on the .177. I haven’t seen one either but then again, they’re all so rare to begin with!
My Plainsman bulk CO2 shotgun has a walnut stock, like all Goodenow production (per Larry,) so, there is really little question that it's a Goodenow gun. I believe what Fogel told Larry that Plainsman (California) never produced the bulk fill option. That leaves it up to Goodenow to have produced them.

However, as of this point, nobody has ever found any original Goodenow literature of any sort to back up anything. There is one small magazine ad but that's the full extent of it, as far as I've ever seen. My experience has been that without original literature of the company it's very hard to produce a precise history. When interviewing people for my Crosman books, I heard all sorts of stories that didn't turn out to be exactly true.