Thread: ProSport - to de twang or not.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    If your happy with the V-Mach kit fitted to your TX why would you not be happy with one fitted in the Pro Sport.
    What's the point in spending a damn fortune on a V-mach kit (and make the PS even harder to cock because of the stiffer spring) when all he needs to do is spend a small amount on a couple of Delrin guides to eliminate the twang and keep the spring already in it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    What's the point in spending a damn fortune on a V-mach kit (and make the PS even harder to cock because of the stiffer spring) when all he needs to do is spend a small amount on a couple of Delrin guides to eliminate the twang and keep the spring already in it.

Pete
    I took the ProSport to the club this morning and although as Accurate as ever.... the twang got to me. I used my HW98 instead and had a quiet twang free completion - with not too shabby result

I'd forgotten how good that particular 98 is - well its really a bit of a Frankenstein rifle - a 95 action, short stoked with one of Mr Bum's kits, with a 98 barrel and 98 stock.

As for the ProSport - I'm going for a set of Delrin guides and utilise the original spring me thinks.

Cheers Steve

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I took the ProSport to the club this morning and although as Accurate as ever.... the twang got to me. I used my HW98 instead and had a quiet twang free completion - with not too shabby result

I'd forgotten how good that particular 98 is - well its really a bit of a Frankenstein rifle - a 95 action, short stoked with one of Mr Bum's kits, with a 98 barrel and 98 stock.

As for the ProSport - I'm going for a set of Delrin guides and utilise the original spring me thinks.

Cheers Steve
    A sensible idea, Air Arms springs are very good quality and if the rifle is shooting spot on already then all it needs is the delrin guides fitted to detwang it, don't even worry about taking the piston out.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in