Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Collections. Upsizing or Downsizing ?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Collections. Upsizing or Downsizing ?

How "stable" in term of numbers are your airgun collections ?

Mine seems to flutuate "big dipper style" either going up after a period of fairly intense acquisitions or reduce if I want something say expensive be it another piece of shooting equipment OR anything else for that matter !

At present I seem to be off-loading a few in preparation for buying another bit of "pricey kit" and a possible house move !
    All in all, my collection is never really stable.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    How "stable" in term of numbers are your airgun collections ?

Mine seems to flutuate "big dipper style" either going up after a period of fairly intense acquisitions or reduce if I want something say expensive be it another piece of shooting equipment OR anything else for that matter !

At present I seem to be off-loading a few in preparation for buying another bit of "pricey kit" and a possible house move !
    All in all, my collection is never really stable.
    Pretty much the same here but there is always one (or two ) that you feel you dont want to loose

Try to keep to 15 at The mo because thats all all I can reasonably store in my man cave
    Had a recent Guitar clear out as well and ended up with something I would not have normally spent so much on !
    bonus being I now have less to fall over

I'm at the one in, one out stage at the moment due to storage restrictions. Fortunately, there's not much I'm seriously after with the possible exception of breaking the bank with a Giffard Co2 pistol.

My problem is bringing myself to offload duplicates when I find something better which doesn't help the storage situation.

Regards
    Brian

Cartridge guns out, airguns in.

Ive been down sizing for years but the numbers still increase.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive been down sizing for years but the numbers still increase.
    Sell me the Beeman Sport... that would help
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Sell me the Beeman Sport... that would help
    My name is already on that one
    And has been forever ( right cloggy ?)
    Last edited by mallyally; 05-01-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Get in the queue Or was it Dean C's Prosport I'm first in the queue for?
    IJ's idea of a clear out is: for every two "in" one might have to go. A year later...nope didn't happen. Better start again.

I have downsized considerably. I liked them all, but happy to have passed them along too.

I have over the past year sold a BSF 55 and a BSA Superstar

O.K., O.K., so I bought a Walther LGV Match and a few other odds and sods but the thought was there.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I think my collections are relatively stable in number of airguns.
    Dont know what my other half thinks though
    I have specific taste of which models I like and dont like so if I have all models I like, there's no need to further increase the nr of airguns.
    But if my collections consists of a brand that is still in business than collection may grow over time.
    ATB,
    yana

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Space constrained. also if you get too many, you just don't get round to ever using them, and I don't like that. Every 6 months I llook at those I haven't shot for a year, and consider selling them - especially if they are releatively easily replaced. Pistols are easier as they take up so much less space, and easier to chuck half a dozen in the car and go off to the range, or shoot indoors when everyone else is out.

The trend right now is less modern stuff, and more older, interesting stuff, especially the basket case guns that eeryone else steers clear off, as I'm happy to make new parts, weld stuff, whatever to get them shooting again, even if they may never be the most desirable specimins
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I am in the process of selling some of my collection (pcp rifles) , and like Jon pass on the guns that do not get used. But being a Hoarder I can't seem to sell any thing gun related.There are still a few guns that I am after .My modest collection is all that I need, but the itch is always there.
    Atb
    Les..

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Started a trawl through the "armoury" this afternoon to see if I should unload a couple. Unfortunately the Boss said I had to dismantle Christmas so I couldn't complete the task !
    “An airgun or two”………

Because of the knock on effects of a health issue I had , I have a rather ocd attitude, this manifested itself early last year in selling all of my not insubstantial collection of modern high end pcp,s, these I had bought over the last six months, the money bought me a brand new custom transit van
    My collection of Springer's on the other hand thankfully never get affected by my swings, only increasing in size. Luckily my interest is limited to late seventies to early nineties otherwise I would be in serious trouble

Thumbs up

I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to move a large portion of my collection on so it's not left for the wife to fathom out what to do with it at some time but starting with the lower quality ones first then moving up to the better stuff!

Yesterday I agreed to buy a Gecado mod35, I was at a friends, He tried phoning the owner with an offer on my behalf, Right after I left to pick the wife up my friend texted me to say that my offer had been accepted, Trouble was that I didn't have time to turn around and collect it!!

The chap is also doing work on my Superten (Muzzle velocity up and down and a reblack of the barrel) so i'll collect and pay for the Gecko when I go back for my S10

When the weather warms up, That's when i'm going through the gunroom, Trouble is that I hate selling my stuff

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/