Thread: In praise of Webley air pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You swine Jones. Lets hope the minor problem with the gun not being able to cock is resolved very shortly. It couldn't have occurred at a worse time or place, I must admit. Still, with it being so well engineered, I am sure and confident that the issue is minor and said Premier will be up and running very soon.

The gun will also require a period of psychiatric counselling following her abuse by your hands this evening. I cant wait for one of your own guns to go down when there happens to be so many witnesses. I don't seem to be having much luck with Wobblys at the moment, but still feel a strange attachment to them, despite the embarrassments. Next time this happens she will be staying in the bin though. Now BSA 240 Magnums, superb pistols that are fun to shoot and don't break down.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    You swine Jones. Lets hope the minor problem with the gun not being able to cock is resolved very shortly. It couldn't have occurred at a worse time or place, I must admit. Still, with it being so well engineered, I am sure and confident that the issue is minor and said Premier will be up and running very soon.

The gun will also require a period of psychiatric counselling following her abuse by your hands this evening. I cant wait for one of your own guns to go down when there happens to be so many witnesses. I don't seem to be having much luck with Wobblys at the moment, but still feel a strange attachment to them, despite the embarrassments. Next time this happens she will be staying in the bin though. Now BSA 240 Magnums, superb pistols that are fun to shoot and don't break down.

Andy
    So, quite the opposite to Wobblys then. The Wobblys natural environment is the bin.

My guns are always breaking down. Manys the time my Steyr has put a shot in the 8 ring when I KNOW it was a 10!

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Andy
    guessing this ^ is a worn sear, which was/is a common problem. Usually some swine sells the gun when this is coming on and either fitting a new mainspring or actually lubricating the gun stops it from cocking. Also look for worn cocking shoe or stretched pin holes on the linkage. Unlikely to be a worn fulrum point.
    While the Tempest does not look as good as the earlier pistols, the trigger is more solid.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Thanks for the advice. Trigger pins have never been out by the look of them. I reckon worn sear as well !

Andy

Faith

Andy
    Come on Andy keep the Wobbly faith, don't let Herr IJ Steyr grind you down :-)
    Personally I find the opinion of someone who feels the need diss a Wobbly pistol, AND who shoots a Pink Steyr, slightly suspect :-)

Re your ,ahem, cocking problem....... cue Benny Hill music :-) The Chambers exploded view is OK but if anyone could help me with a Premier stripping/reassembly sequence it would be most helpful.
    Regards
    Wobbly Hippo

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    HERE
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-strips-(pt-1) ---posts 26 and 27 I think. If you get stuck pm me.
    Cheers Guy
    Wobbly Hippo

http://postimg.org/image/ae1ftcb59/

Rust In Pieces.

Good luck with the repair.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The gun already has a complex without you further embarrassing her you nasty, nasty man.

Andy

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    been thinking
    As the Hurricane was made before the Tempest, did Webley tool up for making the Tempest body or just machine the sticky out sight bit of a Hurricane?

Re that pic of the Premier, the fulcrum point and pins on the linkage look ok so it is probably the sear or the cocking shoe/link worn.
    Must be pretty crappily made if one of these bits needs replacing after 40 years
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Having read the book Guy, I seem to remember that the Webley board were chuffed to bits when they realised that they just needed to do a hatchet job on the Hurricane chassis. Apparently, one of the factory engineers knocked up a prototype in his spare time as they realised that the new look models of the time were not selling as well as they might.

I am sure that I will shortly be corrected if I have omitted anything, and before you get tempted to comment Herr IJ Steyr, please leave this thread alone for those of us not inclined to air pistol cruelty.

Andy