Thread: Diana P1000

Diana P1000

Well just received my new toy a Diana P1000, must admit it looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in the prototype photos I saw last year. Anyway was thinking of doing a review of it on here so thought I'd add a few photos - not going to get chance to shoot it for a week or so due to work commitments, but if anyone wants to ask any questions abiout it please feel free and I'll try to answer the best I can.

P100 in a box:
    http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...t_h_uk/097.jpg

Whats in the box:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...t_h_uk/098.jpg

Unpacked out of the box:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...t_h_uk/099.jpg

Pointability wise it's fast handling, and I must admit if I had got it in the sporter stock rather than the thumbhole it would have been amazing. Anyway time will tell how it fares once I get it to the range.

Mates got 1 to said its good

goulss is offline Artillery conquers and infantry occupies.
    Hi WVM,

Looking at the review on Airgun Tv I had 2 querys.

1, the short throw cocking lever looked a bit clunky, is it?

2, do you have to have the cocking lever open to load a pellet into the single shot mag?

Other than that it looks pretty good, will look forward to trying it at Newark.
    All the best
    " A retired husband is a wife's full time job.
    Daystate Panther Silver .177, Diana MOD 6M .177

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Diana always make stylish looking guns

It also looks more rugged than the usual PCP would you say that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by goulss View Post
    Hi WVM,

Looking at the review on Airgun Tv I had 2 querys.

1, the short throw cocking lever looked a bit clunky, is it?

2, do you have to have the cocking lever open to load a pellet into the single shot mag?

Other than that it looks pretty good, will look forward to trying it at Newark.
    Pitty you dont go near dukinfield air gun club you could of had a go alfs a great guy

Regards people not liking the styling, each to their own really I don't mind it,although I didn't like it when I first saw the prottype pics.

Have been told the stock is easily removable, so may have a look at getting a one piece design made or even see if a metalk back-end could be created similar to a Steyr / FWB.

Cocking the rifle is not clunky as per the video in the other thread, it's slightly stiff to return the lever but I expect this to improve with use, the trigger is also very nice - I need to have a look at shortening the first stage but the second stage let off point is superb, no creep and very predictable ( this is coming from an over fussy FT shooter).

regards,

Matt
    Last edited by Matt; 16-02-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Very nice gun if youbon mind me asking how much did you have to pay or it
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Regards people not liking the styling, each to their own really I don't mind it,although I didn't like it when I first saw the prottype pics.

Have been told the stock is easily removable, so may have a look at getting a one piece design made or even see if a metalk back-end could be created similar to a Steyr / FWB.

Cocking the rifle is not clunky as per the video in the other thread, it's slightly stiff to return the lever but I expect this to improve with use, the trigger is also very nice - I need to have a look at shortening the first stage but the second stage let off point is superb, no creep and very predictable ( this is coming from an over fussy FT shooter).

regards,

Matt
    I reckon the styling on these is a grower, personally I quite like them, but I like hw100s and rapids Daystate huntsman and s400 are too boring and run of the mill for me!

regarding travel on the 1st stage of the trigger, if it is governed in a similar way to the t06 on the diana springers I replace the forward slotted screw with a m3 grub screw so it can wind in further. This reduces the sear engagment of the first stage meaning the trigger has shorter travel to the trip point to which you adjust the rear screw until the second stage pressure coincides. Hope that makes sense!

nice gun, atb max

Max,

I have an after market blade made for the T-06, it was fitted to my 54 so I will give that a try when I eventually make it to the club.

It adjust in much the same way as you mention so I can all but eliminate the majority of first stage travel.

regards,

Matt

Very nice Matt.

I quite like them I was under the impression they looked quite long especialy with silencer fitted but seing yours without the cylinder fitted it looks a fairly short barrel to be honest and obviously when built up it gives the impression it does look longer than it would suggest.

Whats the balance like fella? does it feel front heavy at all?

Looks wise if they had a shorter air cylinder just proud of the stock so you can remove it carbine esq, I think it would look even better but I do rather like it nice gun chap

Just done a quick chrono test, rifle is running a little high for me so I need to find out how to drop the power a little, but here are the results:

200 bar fill, fired two shots to get a bit of air gong through it, RWS Superfield pellets..

Rifle was showing 200 bar on gauge on the cylinder and just above 150 bar after the above shots plus 8 more which weren't recorded after my laptop died.

Chrono was a pm110.

Initial thoughts are:

On firing rifle is no louder than my ripley - i though it might be due to it's compact nature - I need to do a test with a silencer to see how it fares.
    There is some slight movement, possibly jetting, don't read too much into this as the rifle didn't have a scope on or any form of silencer / muzzle break. It certainly is not off putting the rifle feels quick, the trigger remains consistentand predictable and I can't wait to get it out on the range.

Guess what I am saying is, for their first attempt at a PCP I am very impressed.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MechaNick View Post
    Very nice Matt.

I quite like them I was under the impression they looked quite long especialy with silencer fitted but seing yours without the cylinder fitted it looks a fairly short barrel to be honest and obviously when built up it gives the impression it does look longer than it would suggest.

Whats the balance like fella? does it feel front heavy at all?

Looks wise if they had a shorter air cylinder just proud of the stock so you can remove it carbine esq, I think it would look even better but I do rather like it nice gun chap
    Nick,

With the cylinder the gun is spot on balance wise, fitting a small hunting scoe or HFT scope I think it would be something rather nice. Not sure how it'll cope when I strap a big FT scope on like the nightforce for some accuracy testing - lol.

In the pics I had see the rifle did look overly long, but it is a nice compact rifle, also for those who have tried one of their springers with the thumbhole stock and found the reach too much, the reach is just about perfect on this pcp.

Matt

Good stuff Matt,

I will have to handle one very soon, I can see them dividing opinion to start with but as long as they prove reliable and accurate. I can see them ending up being quite popular bit like when the HW100 first came out as there wasnt a great deal of love to start with but boy how did that change over time