Thread: 10m scoring gauges.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Although I’ve now got the app, most of the time it’s a hateful pile of aggro!
    It will not read anything in the white, ever! misses shots totally, and puts shots where there are no shots!
    It works after a fashion, but only just.

Still, if you can’t stick gauges in your card, what other options are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    How about this? https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...Gauge-210.html

It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won:t interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post

It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won:t interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.

What Tim means is they are not legal for an official score to use, but many shooters use them and they are ideal to get an idea of the score on "Klingons" with out interfering with the hole which is naughty! But when it comes down to it only a gauge will give the accurate score.

The other option is only shoot 10.9's!
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Retracted_Yeti.... Yes there is an Android version for a tenner on the Google Play Store.
    TargetScan works best for me if I shine a light (torch) onto a sheet of white paper behind the target. For ease of use though, I intend to make a little light box.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Unless he developed it more the android version has much less analysis, such as superimposing many cards on top of each other for group anslysis and exporting results. It isn’t an android version of the same app that an iPhone user demonstrated to me before I bought the droid one. It has targets and a scan function and not much else. Maybe he has since taken notice of my request to add functions but his main plan seemed to be adding yet more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by TenMetrePeter View Post
    Unless he developed it more the android version has much less analysis, such as superimposing many cards on top of each other for group anslysis and exporting results. It isn’t an android version of the same app that an iPhone user demonstrated to me before I bought the droid one. It has targets and a scan function and not much else. Maybe he has since taken notice of my request to add functions but his main plan seemed to be adding yet more targets.
    Those features are available as an "in app purchase" for £7.99.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Those features are available as an "in app purchase" for £7.99.
    Atb
    Chris
    Ok fair enough but that doubles the price I paid to more than what the iphone version was.
    Neither versions is of use for 5 spot rifle targets. It takes almost as long to scan them as it did to shoot them. Using the two things either side of your nose takes 5 seconds.

Also annoys me that now I upgraded to iphone I would need to buy again. That applies to all apps of course.

Everything annoys me at my age i guess.
    Bah, xmas is coming now....

I get good results with the android version. I just place the card in front of the computer monitor. My version of Targetscan does give compiled results, average group centre etc.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post

We use this for Dorset league scoring - if the cards are called in, as has happened, the scorer can use a plug gauge for the final adjudication.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...Gauge-210.html

"It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won't interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.

We use this for Dorset league scoring - if the cards are called in, as has happened, the scorer can use a plug gauge for the final adjudication"

Hi Mike,

We also used one of these in our club when we used to shoot Dorset League and Eley Competition etc - unfortunately it "vaporised" some time ago and has never been seen again!

Good clear shots that are either nicely in-between the scoring rings or those that clearly cut the line don't need a gauge to score, but for those "tight" shots it is a clear aid that works well and does not enter the shot hole.

It is also good value for money - and should last a lifetime ( as long as you don't "loose" it like we did ).

I will buy another one next time I order something from Intershoot.

I still have an old ".177 RIG EZE-SCORER" from the 1970's that has to be dropped into the shot hole and gives a nice clear magnified reading. This would be frowned upon these days as it has to enter the shot hole, but it is more than good enough for informal use in the club and makes a handy reference guide.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Although I’ve now got the app, most of the time it’s a hateful pile of aggro!
    It will not read anything in the white, ever! misses shots totally, and puts shots where there are no shots!
    It works after a fashion, but only just.

The app needs a really good camera and something like a light box behind it. I used to have a piece of frosted perspex to hold up to the light. Like I said earlier if you have a recent iphone and you shoot 5 shots per card pistol then give it a try. The droid version although cheaper has less analysis tools and without at least an 8 mp camera it will miss shots.