Thread: .223 load

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Never chrono'd it! I find it all to easy to get bent out of shape about how fast my load is, so I took the proactive step of taking the battery out of my F1, putting it in it's drawer, working up a load for accuracy using the aforementioned OCW method and then just shooting.

I am moving on to a new tub of 133 on the next few weeks I should imagine, I could chrono it then if you like. Whenever I change propellant batch I always drop .5(ish) of a grain and work up again just in case anything changes.
    Good deals: longy0710, Antonov, hairlesshunter, Gnome of the Woods, pinguisgod, zx10mike, matt007, Sir slots alot.

Quote Originally Posted by grim_reaper View Post
    Never chrono'd it! I find it all to easy to get bent out of shape about how fast my load is, so I took the proactive step of taking the battery out of my F1, putting it in it's drawer, working up a load for accuracy using the aforementioned OCW method and then just shooting.

I am moving on to a new tub of 133 on the next few weeks I should imagine, I could chrono it then if you like. Whenever I change propellant batch I always drop .5(ish) of a grain and work up again just in case anything changes.
    Thanks i think i may get some 133 to start with as this seem a very popular powder for the cal. also read good things about h335 as well.
    Tikka .223 Lam, stainless / Marlin 1894 .44 Magnum / Browning Maxus Shotgun Prem grade 3 / CZ 453 Premium .17HMR Joe West Stock / Weihrauch HW100T .177 / Anschutz 1417 22lr T/H
    Open cert, BASC member.

If you have local stockist of Ramshot powders give them a try, TAC or Xterminator are very clean burning powders that give good velocities for their charge weight and at a good price per bang.

I use 24.0 grains of H322 with Sierra 52 grain HPBT Matchking in my Remington which has the 1:12 twist 26 inch varmint barrel. The whole package gives me 0.3 MOA accuracy, wish I was as good.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir.2 View Post
    I use 24.0 grains of H322 with Sierra 52 grain HPBT Matchking in my Remington which has the 1:12 twist 26 inch varmint barrel. The whole package gives me 0.3 MOA accuracy, wish I was as good.
    What do you work on for COAL? I am about to embark on my reloading career and will be reloading .22 hornet, 6.5x55 & .223, it sounds like I have the same remmy set up as you.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    What do you work on for COAL? I am about to embark on my reloading career and will be reloading .22 hornet, 6.5x55 & .223, it sounds like I have the same remmy set up as you.
    2.260 inches
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir.2 View Post
    2.260 inches
    Cheers
    Thanks for looking

Viht n120 with either a 50 grain vmax or a 55 grain Hornady SPWC it's very accurate in my rifle and you use approx 3 1/2 grains less per bang to most other 223 powders so get more fun from a tub.

Rick
    It's not my faulty, I was just.....