Thread: S400 Breech seal still leaks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
    Thank you but er which collet and seal please?
    'Brass barrel shim' & 'o-ring 58' on chambers diagrams.

My brother somehow put them in the wrong way round, which gave 9ftlb with loads of blowback.

As mentioned, this will probably be obvious to hardened 's series' tinkerers.

At one time I think it was UKNeil who made some seals for the transfer port area, using an O ring and a brass ring to stop the seal being drawn through and fired out. Also makes them much easier to place, and to keep in place.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    At one time I think it was UKNeil who made some seals for the transfer port area, using an O ring and a brass ring to stop the seal being drawn through and fired out. Also makes them much easier to place, and to keep in place.
    Ah, got one of those! Another mystery solved! Cheers. S

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It was me mate, I did hundreds of those for people with the problem of the S400 series eating the transfer port 'O' ring........ It's almost a reverse Dowty seal.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    'Brass barrel shim' & 'o-ring 58' on chambers diagrams.

My brother somehow put them in the wrong way round, which gave 9ftlb with loads of blowback.

As mentioned, this will probably be obvious to hardened 's series' tinkerers.
    Noted thank you.