I've been shooting 15 grains of Swiss 2 in a Hege Remington since 2005. Apart from the scorers complaining about the ragged hole it works extremely well. They have a habit of going exactly where I point it, all I need to do now is point it where I want them to go...

Having said that, I do use Sainsburys semolina (it does make a difference) so that the ball sits just below the face of the cylinder and the amount of lube invoved is miniscule. In fact, I've been using a syringe with a needle to add water pump grease for years as well. To complicate matters, I'm now trying a heavier load and am trying 23 grains of Swiss 2 and giving E45 a go too. It does do a much neater hole and groups quite well.

I bought a 36 Remington made by Andy Baumkircher when I was in Austria in August and realised that what he's done is adjust the length of the ram to do exactly as I described above. At full stroke, the ball only just clears the cylinder face. If you compare it to a standard ram, the standard one would push the ball halfway down!