Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
Well, that was a good One!

With the last couple of Brums being down on visitor numbers and the choice guns on offer, with some notable exceptions (you know who you are Tim), it was great to visit a buzzing fair this morning. There was plenty on offer including an early Webley Mark 3 with a beautiful stock that Roly had on his stall. Roly also had a later post 1957 Mk3 and a Webley Service along with some boxed Webley pistols and a pristine boxed Record Mk 2.

Tim Dyson had the usual shop with him with a huge selection of items for sale. A cased Gamo AF10 for £80 caught my eye and would have come home with me had I not bought one earlier in the year. These are incredibly versatile pistols and accurate too, so this was a bargain for someone.

There were boxes and boxes of old pellets on several stalls including a pack of Lanes Tempered Darts, round green and orange Webley tins, pre war BSA tins as well as more recent pellets from the 1960s, 70s and 80s such as Lanes Special and various .20 German pellets. I love rummaging through this type of box and Roly offered me some great deals on a few tins that caught my eye, so thanks mate!

Malcolm Atkins had some gunsmith's turnscrews in all different sizes at £2 each and I realised after I had left the fair that I intended to grab a selection before I left. Just goes to show, you need to buy things when you see a bargain, especially with a memory like mine.

One BBS member had a selection of leaflets and ephemera as well as boxed vintage telescope sights including BSA Mk 3 and Mk 9 scopes, the latter, which was intended for the Buccaneer is particularly rare and this one looked pristine.

I only had Josie's pocket camera so just took a couple of photos but here are a few that caught my eye.

A Don Blocksidge engraved Webley Senior, lovely boxed Hyscore and a handbag with a difference.

It was great to catch up with friends and have a short chat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnvPCpPsUoPS2Vfm8

The next biggie is Kempton in 3 weeks, so see you there if you go.

John
Lovely Senior. Wish I'd gone...