Thread: what is this 'UNUSUAL PNEUMATIC BOLT ACTION AIR PISTOL' please? (auction lot)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    It is the first version Eureka, typified by its lack of trigger guard, and it is quite a bit rarer than the later Eurekas with trigger guard, which are more usually referred to as "Bedford and Walkers". This first version also has a more slender plunger rod than the others. Unfortunately in this version the knob missing from the plunger is not just a simple knob but also slides over the barrel, so it is a bit difficult to replace. Not impossible though, and well worth the hassle given the rarity of the pistol. The upper example shows a replacement slider that I made, and the lower example shows a pistol with its original slider.
    I would happy to send you details .

WOW. Seriously Impressive work.

I was thinking of possibly recreating as a casting in aluminium (based on other pics of the 'coarser' plunger ends i saw on another site), but now realise from your pics that this First version (without trigger guard) is more of a challenge. I like a challenge, but trying to work out how on earth you managed to make yours?

Haven't managed to 'win it' yet - though notice already bids coming in.
    Grrrr (curses)

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post

Haven't managed to 'win it' yet - though notice already bids coming in.
    Grrrr (curses)
    I'm afraid the surest way to enourage rival bids is to draw attention to it... sad but true.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Anyone know what this is?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...1-a84a0115d82e

I found that the makers have made pistols before but cant find much about any rifles.

The only thing I can think of is that it was made to commemorate the Olympics in 1936 Nazi Germany (Hence the Olympia Mod 36).

Looks nice but I would guess it shoots bb's(?)

So not my thing really.

Although I am eyeing up some of them BSA's........

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Anyone know what this is?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...1-a84a0115d82e

I found that the makers have made pistols before but cant find much about any rifles.

The only thing I can think of is that it was made to commemorate the Olympics in 1936 Nazi Germany (Hence the Olympia Mod 36).

Looks nice but I would guess it shoots bb's(?)
    It looks to be the same 4.4mm lead BB 'Rifled' action that are used in the Anshutz mod 275 to me!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm afraid the surest way to enourage rival bids is to draw attention to it... sad but true.
    I know. But realistically 'they' are going to find out anyway - and at least we all get to chat about it.