Thread: Valuation please, BSA Mercury Mk3 .22 Calibre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Thanks Mick, any idea how many Mk’s there were of the standard Mercury and which ones had the pins
    MK1 and MK2 definitely had pins, I have a MK3 cylinder with a cross bolt --- from this thread it appears that not all MK3s had a cross bolt.

This is no surprise as BSA have a history of building what are called transitional guns which use up parts from the previous MK.
    As an example, I've had a very early MK2 Airsporter in for repair that had no scope grooves as the cylinder was from a MK1 Airsporter --- BSA just used up the left over MK1 cylinders on the early MK2s.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    MK1 and MK2 definitely had pins, I have a MK3 cylinder with a cross bolt --- from this thread it appears that not all MK3s had a cross bolt.

This is no surprise as BSA have a history of building what are called transitional guns which use up parts from the previous MK.
    As an example, I've had a very early MK2 Airsporter in for repair that had no scope grooves as the cylinder was from a MK1 Airsporter --- BSA just used up the left over MK1 cylinders on the early MK2s.

All the best Mick
    Got it, now it all makes sense, what I must have is an early Mk3 as it definitely has the articulated cocking arm

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Got it, now it all makes sense, what I must have is an early Mk3 as it definitely has the articulated cocking arm
    From the look of it the transitional models numbered into the hundreds, Ken. :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....50#post6859650

I have heard of transitional Scorpions as well, so why not a Mercury ?

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    From the look of it the transitional models numbered into the hundreds, Ken. :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....50#post6859650

I have heard of transitional Scorpions as well, so why not a Mercury ?

All the best Mick
    Serial number is ZC01199 Mick so it may well be