Thread: If you wanted to buy just one CO2 blowback gun, what would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The old ones got some great reviews from some well known people in the community, I've not met anyone in the flesh who thinks they are any good. Maybe I was expecting a lot more with it being made by Sig but I've not been able to find anything on them that resembled the quality you would expect, they are certainly no better made than any of hte KWC guns.

To be fair I canot comment on the new ones as I haven't handled one. If you are after a blowback pistol my thoughts are that a BB fed into the pipe and fired from the chamber is a lot better than a pellet in very thin revolving magazine firing from a different chamber every time and then having to jump to the barrel via a forcing cone.

The new one (ASP version) has a belt mag and has only just been announced https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...et-air-pistol/ I take it the earlier versions are the usual linear BB offerings?
    The trigger of the new model seems to be singled out for praise - the traditional failing of the the cheaper revolver-dressed-as-a-semi-auto offering.
    The fact its a proper pellet gun will make it much more interesting than the BB versions to many.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 10-02-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The new one (ASP version) has a belt mag and has only just been announced https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...et-air-pistol/ I take it the earlier versions are the usual linear BB offerings?
    The trigger of the new model seems to be singled out for praise - the traditional failing of the the cheaper revolver-dressed-as-a-semi-auto offering.
    The fact its a proper pellet gun will make it much more interesting than the BB versions to many.
    The old ones used the PX4 style mags.

Agreed, the trigger is definately the downfall of many a dressed up revolver and Sig do seem to have got that to work well on the MPX\MCX.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich