Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Office and Royal Mail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What logic is there in diverting a "pressure vessel" on a journey further to another destination than it was addressed to go, for checking and "destruction". Longer journey and destruction more risk than just delivering it to the owner. What are the statistics of people who have been blown up with a 12 grm CO2 capsule ?

A lot of rules are made up by people with little knowledge of the subject matter.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    What logic is there in diverting a "pressure vessel" on a journey further to another destination than it was addressed to go, for checking and "destruction". Longer journey and destruction more risk than just delivering it to the owner. What are the statistics of people who have been blown up with a 12 grm CO2 capsule ?

A lot of rules are made up by people with little knowledge of the subject matter.

Baz
    End of the day it's them that sets the rules. Don't like their rules go elsewhere but then there is no where else to go unless you find a specific courier .

As I said above. The same courier that delivered dive tanks to my local RFD would not lift mine from there to go down south. Different account types. They did find one but it was going to be £40 just for the tank. Buyer was not willing to pay that for a free due tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz

Your statement on "knowledge of the subject matter" confirms how little knowledge you have of the subject matter.

A large percentage of RM goes by aircraft, aviation rules do not allow pressurised containers. The journey to Belfast is by Sea so low risk... Also to be considered is the mechanical handling and sortation equipment used in processing the mail, again a risk if a pressurised item becomes trapped.

Feel free to correct me if your knowledge on this is greater than mine..

So why was the pistol destroyed (kept by postie more like) if it was the co2 which was the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    So why was the pistol destroyed (kept by postie more like) if it was the co2 which was the problem?
    Ask the post office. They decided it was to be destroyed. And it's not the first or last one either.

Don't abide by their rules and lose your airgun.

Maybe they don't have any one firearms educated .I may have been wrong about the firearms educated guy in the post office.maybe it was the airport.
    Last edited by bighit; 15-07-2017 at 07:04 PM.

posting

And it goes pop when you squeeze it Great fun

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    Because it was part of the parcel and it's the PARCEL that is destroyed as a whole.

It's a shame, but that's what happens when you break the rules.

The number of times "Post" threads come up on here I would have thought everyone would know them by now & make sure any sender you're dealing with also knows them.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Your statement on "knowledge of the subject matter" confirms how little knowledge you have of the subject matter.

A large percentage of RM goes by aircraft, aviation rules do not allow pressurised containers. The journey to Belfast is by Sea so low risk... Also to be considered is the mechanical handling and sortation equipment used in processing the mail, again a risk if a pressurised item becomes trapped.

How are traders cylinders allowed then when Joe Public`s arnt

http://www./itm/Bike-CO2-pump-cycle-...EAAOSwa~BYPGrI

lease note:

FREE POSTAGE covers only UK MAINLAND

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post

lease note:

Already covered by a previous poster. Trade accounts are treated differently by both RM and PF, RM do not deliver cylinders for anyone.

Thread title also mentions "Post Office" who are a completely different entity from RM, they only provide a service to RM and PF as part of their overall offering.

This subject has been covered numerous times on here, if you do a quick search you will see it comes up almost weekly

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post

lease note:

Because traders have different accounts to Joe public. As I have said twice before. My RFD can have ten new dive bottles sent to him via a carrier but he had a nightmare to get them to deliver one from his shop. Different trade accounts .same with Joe public .

Ok. Pressurised containers are allowed on board.

I've done about a dozen trips, long and short haul with them ones at way higher pressures than co2. Every flight carries them, they're part of the on board equipment in many varieties from medical to the simple co2 capsules which inflate your life jackets under most people's seats when they pull that little string.

I'm sure RM ban them from flights. They're not banned from flights.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...N_PHG_ALWAYSON

I suspect RM ban them like they ban everything else because they don't have the expertise to determine safety without inspection and jump for the lowest common denominator. Understandable but let's not say it's not possible because it is. All sorts of things can be flown, some need more paperwork, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post

I've done about a dozen trips, long and short haul with them ones at way higher pressures than co2. Every flight carries them, they're part of the on board equipment in many varieties from medical to the simple co2 capsules which inflate your life jackets under most people's seats when they pull that little string.

I suspect RM ban them like they ban everything else because they don't have the expertise to determine safety without inspection and jump for the lowest common denominator. Understandable but let's not say it's not possible because it is. All sorts of things can be flown, some need more paperwork, some don't.
    Most aircraft also have high pressure O2 cylinders on board for use in emergencies.

Unfortunately you are confusing aircraft components, emergency equipment, passenger luggage, hold baggage, unaccompanied baggage & freight all of which have their own set of rules.

And that's before even getting to RM/PF rules,

Pressure vessels are banned in RM/PF public services, THAT'S IT ! IT'S THEIR SERVICE THEY CAN REFUSE ANYTHING THEY DON'T WANT TO CARRY !

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post

Unaccompanied they are not allowed. RM do not set avaition rules they just follow them, it's as simple as that. If I had the inclination I could search the link that proves the avaition rules but it's been done so many times....

Unaccompanied they are not allowed. RM do not set avaition rules they just follow them, it's as simple as that. If I had the inclination I could search the link that proves the avaition rules but it's been done so many times....
    You mean unaccompanied as in like a PCP air rifle that didn't travel with me but arrived on a later flight because I made the connection but my luggage didn't?

very late in on the topic but, has any one actualy followed up by checking the actual laws? the post office isnt a law agency, as such they cant actualy set laws.
    they can say pritty much what they want on their web site etc, but if it contravines the actual law...taint worth the paper it's written on.

i.e. if they arnt backed by the law for real they are indeed tampering with the post.(which i beleive is against the law?).