Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
Three sections that I read about and crop up from time to time are:

1) Power tends too creep up over time/bedding in

2) Barrel Band temperature sensitive causing Accuracy issues

3) Two piece Action Requiring a One piece mount this on a PCP to strengthen the block up to iron out Magazine fitment fault and Scope accuracy.
Power will tend to creep up on many new guns as they "bed in". The worst stories of creep were particularly bad when Hull used to set them to 11.4 with Superdome, which are a much less efficient pellet than JSB/AA or Logun. Set your average HW100 to 11.4 with Superdome and I'll bet that I can make nearly all of them go above the limit by choosing a more suitable pellet.

The barrel band is a problem on every make of gun that I've used. It is not unique to the HW100. I initially used mine without the band (it's a barrel as strong as that used to cock the 18ftlb+ HW80's!) but now I use the band to support the cylinder, but I've removed the O ring from the part that the barrel passes through.

The two-piece action moving is a myth, unless the bolts aren't up tight. In my experience, those bolts are always very tight. There are also several dowel-like pieces and a step, that interlock the two halves.
I use a one-piece mount, but I don't think it's necessary.