Thread: Crossman trapmaster co2 shotgun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee5159 View Post
    As you may know Mick “Mick’s guns” is an RFD he knows what he’s talking about he also wouldn’t sell one without if needed

This was take from another thread

Originally Posted by Geezer
    According to the interweb, the Crosman Trapmaster 1100, loaded with a single projectile, makes anything from 23 to 40+ ft/lbs, so definitely FAC territory.
    As the Trapmaster is a smooth bore, it could easily go on a shotgun cert, not an FAC, if it needed too!

These were being sold by a dealer at Kempton recently off ticket.

i've been offered a few over the years and i've always classed them as too grey to take the risk without a ticket
    i am tempted to re barrel one i've been offered with a .22 or .177 so it still takes a plastic shell or make some brass carts like the umarex saa

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Given that it's fairly common knowledge that these produce comfortably in excess of 12 ft/lbs and any argument over measuring single or multiple projectiles is moot as the Trapmasters had solid ball ammo as a factory option (thus ticking the 'capable' box)...I'd suggest in this case Mick is talking out of his arse, RFD or not.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'd suggest in this case Mick is talking out of his arse, RFD or not.
    I take it you think the other sellers at kempton who was selling trapmasters without ticket are talking out of there arse as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee5159 View Post
    I take it you think the other sellers at kempton who was selling trapmasters without ticket are talking out of there arse as well?
    What has the location got to do with legality?
    Do you have any evidence over 12 ft/lb airguns are legal then? If so, please show me the exclusion... I'm genuinely interested.

With its original factory load of small shot, it makes 17ft-lbs for the whole load (but not for any individual pellet, obviously).

Unmodified, with a single projectile of 9mm diameter, it makes 23 or so ft-lbs.

Modified, same goes of course for any CO2/PCP gun, up to 40.

It is a smoothbore.

It has a 28” barrel.

Study the the rules on low-power airguns, S2 shotguns, S1 guns.

Then draw your own conclusions.

Mine is that I would rather not own one off ticket.

Exactly, and I'd have thought that ANY dealer selling one off ticket was highly irresponsible and potentially breaking the law.

I have some dust shot .22 projectiles somewhere and have used them in my sub-12lbs FWB Sport in the distant past, even though if I added up the ME of each tiny ball, it may come to over 12 ft/lbs. The dust shot is so obviously less potentially harmful than a single pellet that I have complete confidence that nobody would ever suggest they rendered the rifle illegal.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    As the Trapmaster is a smooth bore, it could easily go on a shotgun cert, not an FAC, if it needed too!

These were being sold by a dealer at Kempton recently off ticket.
    At least this one is easy to answer (from Firearms act ‘68):

3)This section applies to every firearm except—

[F1(a)a shot gun within the meaning of this Act, that is to say a smooth-bore gun (not being an air gun), etc…