Thread: BSA spitfire help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The ends of the rod unscrew, they may be Loctited so you may need a little heat (be careful). The front end has an O ring and the valve head seal.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    The ends of the rod unscrew, they may be Loctited so you may need a little heat (be careful). The front end has an O ring and the valve head seal.
    is it the end with the nut on it thats loctite on.

Both may have Loctite, depends who serviced the gun last.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

your ace rancidtom. thank you kindly sir. i knew there was loctite on one end but wasnt sure if there was a knack to it. all apart and now waiting for reassembly in the morning, best leave it over night to make sure all the parts are 100% after being in the ultrasonic cleaner.

also mad a plastic dowel to sit in the back end to pull the one part out and lock the rod in place lightly so i can loc the nut and brass bit back in in the morning.

one more question if i may. i can not, for love nore money, find where this tiny o'ring goes that was in the o'ring kit, its the smallest and thinnest. about 5mmx0.75mm. any ideas.

thanks again

Phil

I can't remember an O ring that size in the Spitfire to be honest, not sure! It's a while since I opened one of them up.

Seem to remember there is a tiny O ring somewhere in the filling valve under the rifle ? Just another note, after you assemble it is very easy to get the power set correctly with the tiny allen screw in the back of the rifle before you put the stock back on.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for the help gents. I have changed the small one in the fill valve but there is still one left, it's thinner than the one on the valve.

I'll get back to it in a short while and hope I find one I missed

Thanks again all

Phil