Rob - Genuine comment I understand what you say above, makes sense for a scope being adjusted ....but does this POI movement matter in a scope being use for HFT ?

If there is an inherent fault/weakness in the mechanics of a budget scope then so long as that scope holds that error (in relation to parallax adjustment and POI) then does it matter if the scope is never adjusted?

For HFT the ultimate settings are established for the user then left well alone, you want them to stay "just so"......unlike FT.

In HFT the parallax point that suits the shooter is set then the turrets adjusted to the chosen zero. If at some point tha parallax is changed the turrets may need adjusting...no big thing.

If I had a top end scope and adjusting parallax moved the POI I would have something to say, at the more budget end of the spectrum it may be a given.

I recently returned a very expensive Nightforce that moved a lot on adjusting the parllax even though it was intended for HFT so was not going to be adjusted....I just expected it to be of a standard such that it didn't move.

P.S. the dying swan comment made me chuckle...