Quote Originally Posted by rabbitslayer View Post
I've never buggered any of my set ups using cheaper mounts. I've always had very good results which was what led me to ask the initial question. I think there are probably others who may think the same but who daren't say for fear of being shot down by the 'you get what you pay for' brigade.

So anyway, I need some 30mm medium height mounts to fit a 11mm dovetail rail. Can you tell me why I should consider buying a set of BKL's for around the £70 mark when I can get the equivalent Hawke branded mounts for £20?

What do the BKL's do that the Hawkes don't? That's all I'm asking Mr angrybearwithasorehead..
Well for a start they self centre if one side of the mount is fixed & the clamp is on the other side,then the centre line is obviously also fixed & any error/gap has to be entirely on the clamp side.

BKL's don't have a separate clamp, they split up the middle so both legs flex equally which insures the scope sits centred.

If the scope isn't exactly centred your zero will move laterally as the target range changes, & it only takes a fraction of a mm at the muzzle to give 10mm+ down range, of course if you only shoot at one fixed range it doesn't matter.

Also; £70 for BKL's is a rip off & I'm not sure why you used Hawke in your above comparison, Hawke match mounts are equally as good as Sportsmatch & nearly as good as BKL, it's the £5 no-name single strap cr*p that need's to be avoided.
If you've never tried using them, or any other "high end" mounts how can you possibly comment that they're not worth it .