Thread: AA S200 Bells & Whistles - Poor Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't know the finer points of the 200 but has it got an air restrictor power adjuster similar to the 400-500 models??. If so it needs winding right out so you are using the full charge, the adjuster just diffuses/disturbs the air making a less efficient path through the transfer port thereby reducing the power though you are still using the same amount of air each time as if there was no restriction and so wasting some. On my 400 I removed it completely and blanked it with a torx screw and then did all the hammer, spring, shim etc adjustments to get the power I wanted without any restrictions and not wasting any air. That has the added advantage of fixed power that can't be turned up other than by temperature and can't drop like when the adjuster decides to wind itself in of it's own accord. I've typed all that and now you're going to say it's got some other type of power adjuster

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    I don't know the finer points of the 200 but has it got an air restrictor power adjuster similar to the 400-500 models??. I've typed all that and now you're going to say it's got some other type of power adjuster
    The S200 has the same transfer port restrictor as all the other AA PCP's and yes, fully removed and blanked off with a stainless steel m3 button head cut to correct length (cut end polished).

I'm picking up some new springs later today. Perhaps the hammer spring is still set too high and causing hammer bounce and opening the firing valve more than once per shot?

garym is offline Outruns Death in his slippers
    Well thanks to this thread and a bit of tweeking, my cz200 is now giving 65+ shots on the reg per fill.
    Cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Well thanks to this thread and a bit of tweeking, my cz200 is now giving 65+ shots on the reg per fill.
    Cheers guys.
    At what power?

11.6 f lbs, tested again today.
    Sounds loud but bloody accurate. I am happy. (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    11.6 f lbs, tested again today.
    Sounds loud but bloody accurate. I am happy. (for now)
    What pellets are you using?

JSB Exact diablo. 8,44 gr.

Stick with it mate, it will fall into place.

Good luck n regards Gary