Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1033

Thread: 2014 Boinger Bash, 7th June--- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by chris.allum View Post

Think we all wrapped up on the Sunday afternoon with heavy hearts , it didn't take long to get used to having your bed spitting distance from the firing line

Loved it , look forward to the next

Cheers

Chris
    Glad you got your access sorted mate. Totally agree, it felt strange and rather sad to pack up and leave Sunday. Absolutely great weekend, Mick your a star, I really hope there is another bash real soon ...I will be there for sure

Quote Originally Posted by shining_bullet View Post
    That was the time to chuck that old 77 of your on it mate! thats why Mick was moving it closer for you!
    Mr. Shinning, your envy knows no limits

Quote Originally Posted by haloutdoors View Post
    Yes, shame some idiot kept you talking and made you miss it.

Still looked pretty bloody spectacular from where we were though, when he drove into the side nearest us it looked like the whole 3cx was on fire with all the flames billowing up from the far side.

Did you get out hunting on the way home? Or were you too wiped out to bother.

ATB. Hal.
    I regret nothing It was possibly funnier from where we were as we got a better overall view, just not in full detail.

Yeah went straight from the bash to my friend's place and went out with them. Nodded off again in the same spot lol. Didn't manage to get close enough to anything so we ended up floating some things on a pool of stagnant water and practicing our range judgement. Was quite funny firing two HW100's at the water and being followed up with a .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Mr. Shinning, your envy knows no limits

I regret nothing It was possibly funnier from where we were as we got a better overall view, just not in full detail.

Yeah went straight from the bash to my friend's place and went out with them. Nodded off again in the same spot lol. Didn't manage to get close enough to anything so we ended up floating some things on a pool of stagnant water and practicing our range judgement. Was quite funny firing two HW100's at the water and being followed up with a .22LR
    Hahaha, child.
    You want to try it with a 243 (hell of a splash) just make sure its a nice steep angle so nothing bounces.

Its fact that there is quarry on your permission, it just sounds like its a tough one. Try walking the hedges with a pen paper and bino's. Forget the gun it takes concentration off looking for ground signs. If you went out early morning when the dew is still on the grass you will be able to see the rabbit highways running through the fields, follow them and see where they go to and from. Check round the floor of any trees/woodland looking for feathers and poop under them then pace out a range you are happy with and make a hide to sit and wait. The best advice I ever had regarding hunting is move a little and look a lot this is the only way to increase your bag size.
    Wandering round chatting generally doesn't get you much for the pot. Although it is good fun.

If you are ever in the Parrish feel free to drop me a line and we'll get a few hours of hunting in. I've got plenty of rifles for you to choose from if you haven't brought got yours.
    ATB. Hal

Spring Gathering Fraternity

It's my turn to give thanks to Mick and Shirley plus all the afore mentioned people involved in providing a sensational weekend at "the Bash".
    New acquaintances added to last years -and long may the list grow.....
    I guess we could all write a book about our experiences but it's suffice to say that mine were all positive.
    To all those folk with whom I managed a chat thanks for your time -the conversations enriched the occasion for me.
    'Til the next time.......
    Regards
    Paul

Mick -Thanks for the night watchman role you gave me Sunday and Monday .
    Thanks for fettling the trigger/safety on my '77.
    Enjoy that holiday !!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Mr. Shinning, your awesomeness knows no limits
    Cheers Will darn nice of you to say.
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Quote Originally Posted by aitch2o View Post
    It's my turn to give thanks to Mick and Shirley plus all the afore mentioned people involved in providing a sensational weekend at "the Bash".
    New acquaintances added to last years -and long may the list grow.....
    I guess we could all write a book about our experiences but it's suffice to say that mine were all positive.
    To all those folk with whom I managed a chat thanks for your time -the conversations enriched the occasion for me.
    'Til the next time.......
    Regards
    Paul

Mick -Thanks for the night watchman role you gave me Sunday and Monday .
    Thanks for fettling the trigger/safety on my '77.
    Enjoy that holiday !!

No problem Paul

Like I said I was so shattered on Monday there was no way I was going to be picking up targets and clearing the site, so I was glad you stayed on shooting and fishing effectively acting as caretaker while I recovered.

The whole field is cleared now except for the poly tunnel so when I work out a date for the next bash I can set the whole site out inside an hour.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter about the site or targets etc, it's the folks that show up that make this event so enjoyable for me --- you're all nuts.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No problem Paul

Like I said I was so shattered on Monday there was no way I was going to be picking up targets and clearing the site, so I was glad you stayed on shooting and fishing effectively acting as caretaker while I recovered.

The whole field is cleared now except for the poly tunnel so when I work out a date for the next bash I can set the whole site out inside an hour.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter about the site or targets etc, it's the folks that show up that make this event so enjoyable for me --- you're all nuts.

All the best Mick
    Says the one man wrecking crew in the JCB!
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by shining_bullet View Post
    Says the one man wrecking crew in the JCB!
    IN FLAMES !!
    “An airgun or two”………

Smile Stop!!!!!

Stop posting!!!!! The next one is for Mick!!!

Stop posting!!!!! The next one is for Mick!!!
    Cheers Hal

It's nice to get a post in instead of TonyL.

Boing.

All the best Mick

---------------------------------- You can carry on now.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Cheers Hal

It's nice to get a post in instead of TonyL.

Boing.

All the best Mick

---------------------------------- You can carry on now.
    Mick you deserved it. You hosted one hell of a bash.

I wonder how many other threads have run to 1000 posts.

As for the boing, all the hard work at the weekend may have tired out my little Vulcan as when I used it earlier it was more of a twang. (More so than usual)
    Strip down later I think.

Are you still feeling lost after all the prep you did for us.

I didn't realise you were so close to Jason's farm in Wykin.

ATB. Hal.

Mick you deserved it. You hosted one hell of a bash.

I didn't realise you were so close to Jason's farm in Wykin.

ATB. Hal.

Cheers Hal

But as I say meeting all you lads makes it all worthwhile for me and Shirl, strangely she told me the other day that there was a new lad here at the weekend who looked a lot like Bruce but was somehow better.

My land goes up to the dog kennels next to Jason's place and I'm mates with him, his brothers and his Dad.

The White House you see in the distance behind the Quigley bucket is the home of Jason's Uncle Reg who is also a mate and just happens to be the local councillor for the area and is more than happy with me holding the Boinger bash here.

All the best Mick

[QUOTE=T 20;6387110]Cheers Hal

But as I say meeting all you lads makes it all worthwhile for me and Shirl, strangely she told me the other day that there was a new lad here at the weekend who looked a lot like Bruce but was somehow better.

My land goes up to the dog kennels next to Jason's place and I'm mates with him, his brothers and his Dad.

The White House you see in the distance behind the Quigley bucket is the home of Jason's Uncle Reg who is also a mate and just happens to be the local councillor for the area and is more than happy with me holding the Boinger bash here.

All the best Mick. [QUOTE=
    I couldn't agree more mate, it wasn't the shooting I came for either. The chance to put faces to names and meet new people was what it was all about for me too.

It must be ten years since I last saw Jason, mores the pity.
    I knew a lad Pete (turned out to be a right moron) who had a unit up there, that's how we met it fixed a tractor as and when I was on hand and they needed sorting. But I haven't seen him since I got ripped off by the lad who had the unit. Shame really I always thought he was a nice guy.
    He wouldn't recognise me now though, I used to have hair.

Oh and it's always nice to have the local council let on side. Ours is a big fan of Rabbit and venison so I make sure he ends up with a bit in exchange for a few ciders.

ATB. Hal.

Aup Mick
    The next bash you have I'll bring the 308 down for some long range bunnies(30 yards +)lol

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Aup Mick
    The next bash you have I'll bring the 308 down for some long range bunnies(30 yards +)lol
    Developing a light load are we mate.

Shall I bring the 243 for anything closer, some may consider 308 overkill.

ATB. Hal.