Thread: Whats a good tune for an HW85k ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've never owned the early '85, John, but were they 25mm?

You will know better, as you will have, no doubt, owned / worked on these, but if it's not a silly long stroke maybe best left with the standard dimensions?

My main concern would be over the cutaway at the top of the rear of the piston to create clearance for the scope ramp. My guess would be that, at the very least, a tune should ensure that there are no sharp edges left in this area and an application of high content moly paste to protect against any potential wear.

I think the V-Mach kit includes a replacement (exchange?) piston with a synthetic band at the rear?
    26mm mate.. well, mine is Same stroke as the 95 - so benfits in the same way. Remember this thread ?
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-on-an-HW85-95

You are right the cutaway piston isn't a great design feature, but the screw in end block is so much nicer than the silly square pop-out tiles of the latter variants....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    26mm mate.. well, mine is Same stroke as the 95 - so benfits in the same way. Remember this thread ?
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-on-an-HW85-95

You are right the cutaway piston isn't a great design feature, but the screw in end block is so much nicer than the silly square pop-out tiles of the latter variants....
    I hadn't remembered it, JB.

But I do now!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!