Thread: BSA Four by Twenty

BSA Four by Twenty

Just picked up an old scope with an integral one piece sliding mount,presumably to accommodate eye relief for the Mercury and Airsporters.

Its reticle is a new one to me,instead of a thirty thirty it has one verticle post and two horizontals with a gap between all three.

Could someone give this set up a title please?.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post

Could someone give this set up a title please?.
    Knight of the Realm.

(Or M.P. if the scope is bent. )

GOOGLE is your friend. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ri...w=1920&bih=989
    Last edited by I. J.; 10-08-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Knight of the Realm.

(Or M.P. if the scope is bent. )

GOOGLE is your friend. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ri...w=1920&bih=989
    Thanks bud.,so it's a german three post number one reticle in a Japanese scope made for a british gun manufacturer

You have a BSA Mark 6 from the 1970s-80s. I like the clean lines of these scopes due to the lack of mount rings.

I recently acquired a Mark 7, which is a 3-7x20 scope with the same mounting system and reticle, which I plan to test in the near future on an early Meteor.

Kind regards,

John

Long time back I heard it called a Jaeger numer eins. Was told there were varriations too, one with a thin horizontal & one with a thin horizontal plus a thin vertical between the thicker parts of the reticle.......different designations I suppose there was a number 2 & number 3 & maybe others too.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    http://zieloptiken.de/de/content/15-...rnrohr-absehen

The link shows which numbers mean what, when you talk about the German numbered reticles (Absehen).
    For many years the No1 (as you might expect) was the most popular scope reticle in Germany. It's only very recently that other types of reticle have become popular in German scopes for their domestic market.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thank you,just checked the chart in question,it appears the scope has a number one reticle