Thread: Borescope Enderscope ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Borescope Enderscope ?

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I would have a go myself , but I am a little heavy handed with the delicate stuff.
    Atb
    Les..
    Shame I didn't live closer I'd have done it for you. although I suspect the bsa barrel steel will be a bit harder to polish than the BAM witch didn't take much, maybe 3 polishes i think to get good accuracy, then 20 or so pellets to re-lead.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Shame I didn't live closer I'd have done it for you. although I suspect the bsa barrel steel will be a bit harder to polish than the BAM witch didn't take much, maybe 3 polishes i think to get good accuracy, then 20 or so pellets to re-lead.
    Thanks for the offer, I will have a go my self and see how it goes.
    ATB
    Les..

Borescope Enderscope ?

Thanks for the offer, I will have a go my self and see how it goes.
    ATB
    Les..
    I used a cheap barrel cleaning kit but as a pull through.I carefully wrapped the steel rods with a layer of tape to protect the crown first. Maybe if you havn't used solvol before try some on some steel to get an idea of how abrasive it is first.On a pcp i remove the barrel first & clean the port to firing valve after to remove any traces of the paste, you won't need much though. The difference it made was from an inaccurate pellet fussy gun to one of my best barrels easily equalling my sons bowkett blueprinted R10 out to 50yds.

[QUOTE=junglie;7305135]I used a cheap barrel cleaning kit but as a pull through.I carefully wrapped the steel rods with a layer of tape to protect the crown first. Maybe if you havn't used solvol before try some on some steel to get an idea of how abrasive it is first.On a pcp i remove the barrel first & clean the port to firing valve after to remove any traces of the paste, you won't need much though. The difference it made was from an inaccurate pellet fussy gun to one of my best barrels easily equalling my sons bowkett blueprinted R10 out to 50yds.
    Ok I will give it a go .
    Regards
    Les..

Hi,
    I have been told that the air inlet in the barrel can cause problems. I was advised to load the pellet and then point the rifle down and gently tap the side of the breach so the pellet passes this hole with gravity, then insert the probe.
    Bit of a faff but seemed to work with my ultra.
    Worth a try to see if it works.
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been told that the air inlet in the barrel can cause problems. I was advised to load the pellet and then point the rifle down and gently tap the side of the breach so the pellet passes this hole with gravity, then insert the probe.
    Bit of a faff but seemed to work with my ultra.
    Worth a try to see if it works.
    Si
    The gun only shoots badly when I can feel resistance on the loading probe on pushing the pellet in the barrel. I am going to load a pellet in the gun as per normal and then push it back using a thin rod and see if there is any marks on the pellet.
    Les..

The gun only shoots badly when I can feel resistance on the loading probe on pushing the pellet in the barrel. I am going to load a pellet in the gun as per normal and then push it back using a thin rod and see if there is any marks on the pellet.
    Les..
    you are shaving the pellet on the transfer port. once the pellet is just in the start of the barrel give it a jiggle and it will fall in to the barrel without clipping. its normal bsa practice, any resistance on closing the probe, fire off and reload.