Thread: Need counsel on getting to a grudge Bell Target Match in the UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVALI View Post
    Not if you use it in the “Section 2” group, any sub 7ft/pd spring gun.
    Of course that includes HW55, FWB 300, original 75 etc, in that group, still fancy your chances?.
    DaveM.

Guns don't win competitions of skill. Shooters do

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    That’s what I’m concerned about. Anyway I would never get out of customs with a rifle?

No excuse, there are plenty of our club members who will loan you an air rifle, I have several qualifying air rifles you can have your pick off!.

As an aside, do you have a Bell target at home?, we could do an email/postal competition, we have shot a few with another bell target club but they are shutdown at the moment, our club members are itching to get some interclub/personal competition going.

DaveM.

No excuse, there are plenty of our club members who will loan you an air rifle, I have several qualifying air rifles you can have your pick off!.

As an aside, do you have a Bell target at home?, we could do an email/postal competition, we have shot a few with another bell target club but they are shutdown at the moment, our club members are itching to get some interclub/personal competition going.

DaveM.
    Actually I am about to buy my first Bell Target, there is a guy over here making them. I measured off the 6 yards yesterday and was trying to put pellet on pellet on paper. Give me a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Actually I am about to buy my first Bell Target, there is a guy over here making them. I measured off the 6 yards yesterday and was trying to put pellet on pellet on paper. Give me a couple months.
    How did you get on with the bell target practice?
    It's been a couple of months, and practice makes perfect!

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    How did you get on with the bell target practice?
    It's been a couple of months, and practice makes perfect!

Cheers,
    Matt
    Didn’t get serious enough, need to bring it in to my basement winter shooting range. My problem I’m a collector more than a shooter.

Hmm?

Shooters of similar skill,using light pattern against FWB300, Orig 75? Hmm?
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    Shooters of similar skill,using light pattern against FWB300, Orig 75? Hmm?
    J.
    Come round and try it. Not sure how the modern match rifles would perform but there are records existing of over 110 consecutive rings performed with a light pattern using open sights. I play with one quite a lot as I find my 300su too heavy now I'm getting old and decrepit.

Curious if modern shooting coats etc. are allowed with the modern springers?

Also I assume given many vintage BSA had aperture sights that they were allowed in the “original“ vintages matches?
    Last edited by 45flint; 14-08-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Also I assume given many vintage BSA had aperture sights that they were allowed in the “original“ vintages matches?
    I find that a very strange question considering you started a thread on the 21st of last month concerning the very same subject?

Quote.

“Curious if modern shooting coats etc. are allowed with the modern springers?

Also I assume given many vintage BSA had aperture sights that they were allowed in the “original“ vintages matches?”.

I don’t know about original vintage matches but,
    Dressing in “Gimpy” coats, cardboard trousers, clown size boots would be frowned upon in our “Vintage rifle comp. aperture sights, as long as period would be accepted.
    DaveM.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote.

“Curious if modern shooting coats etc. are allowed with the modern springers?

Also I assume given many vintage BSA had aperture sights that they were allowed in the “original“ vintages matches?”.

I don’t know about original vintage matches but,
    Dressing in “Gimpy” coats, cardboard trousers, clown size boots would be frowned upon in our “Vintage rifle comp. aperture sights, as long as period would be accepted.
    DaveM.

HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

I find that a very strange question considering you started a thread on the 21st of last month concerning the very same subject?
    Actually different question, in the old post I was asking if aperture sights are currently allowed in vintage matches. The current question you quote I was asking if they were allowed historically in the old Bell Target days. I guess my thought was I have to assume they were allowed historically so if your trying to recreate history not allowing them on a old BSA seems a bit of a historical travesty? Lol

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=Bell+target

Actually different question, in the old post I was asking if aperture sights are currently allowed in vintage matches. The current question you quote I was asking if they were allowed historically in the old Bell Target days. I guess my thought was I have to assume they were allowed historically so if your trying to recreate history not allowing them on a old BSA seems a bit of a historical travesty? Lol

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=Bell+target
    Aperture sights were indeed allowed back in the day. In fact Guernsey based shooters won most of the air rifle matches between the wars and thought it strange that anybody would want to compete with anything but aperture sights. Our club at Bisley allows their use in the club bell target league - as you say anything else would be somewhat of a historical travesty.

Kind regards,

John

I’m getting deja vu...
    Haven’t we been over this exact question very recently?