Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another HW80. Yay!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Another HW80. Yay!

I only popped into the shop to pick up a PCP that needed resealing, but you know how these things go.....

"Anything interesting?" Is my usual opening gambit. This time a full length mk2 Hw80 was brought down from the rack. "Fella bought it years back and only fired a dozen shots".
    Yeah, I've heard that one before. Still, the price was right so it came home with me.

I'd barely got through the door when some screwdrivers fell out onto the table and gave me the sad eye treatment my black lab is so good at. A couple of minutes later and I am finding evidence of little to no use; the breech block has the lightest of cockng marks on one side and none on the other. The trigger and cocking slot are still covered in orange goo and there is not a single mark on the screw heads or trigger pins. Wahey!

The gun dates from 2001 so it has no safety warnings stamped into it, the proper 15.6mm ID spring and a 13.6 OD rear guide! That explains the twanging then.

Anyway, it's back together, shooting sweetly and ready for a little armed ramblng at the weekend.

Bring on the snow!

[IMG][/IMG]
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Nice, didn’t keep mine long as it had a penchant for eating itself from the inside out...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Very nice example Mr Bum.

Hw80

You can never have too many 80's!! Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I totally agree.....

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    My favourite version of the 80 a proper classic 80.

Are you going to fanny about with it? it would be nice to see you keep its factory parts with just one of your kits fitted

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    My favourite version of the 80 a proper classic 80.

Are you going to fanny about with it? it would be nice to see you keep its factory parts with just one of your kits fitted
    This one is so nice it will stay looking the way it does. It has a 12mm shorter stroke now, mainly to keep power down and smarten up the delivery, but it will keep the open sights and almost perfect factory stock.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It has a 12mm shorter stroke now
    I was hoping not to hear that LOL

I would prefer to keep the original stroke and just tinker with a soft spring and keep it original even if it didn't feel like a 99
    but its your gun and at least you are not changing the bore and piston

Nice one Mr Tinny Man.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Nice.

I mean, I don’t officially actually like 80s, being an FWB Sport man back in the day.

But still nice.

If I could only ever have one air rifle it would be a vintage HW80.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I now have 2
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Way back when I was 15 (about a million years ago) I got invited with a couple of my dads mates to go get the numbers of greys down in a large wood. My dads mate lent me his ‘80, as it was ‘bloody powerful, so be careful’

Now, being a skinny 15 year old, this big old air rifle seemed enormous but boy was it nice to shoot. My rose tinted spectacles tell me that I barely missed a shot and I seem to remember getting about a dozen. At the time my dad was blasting the dreys with his Beretta 686 over/under but at 15 I was the sniper/marksman so I was the more important shooter that day.

Enjoy your new purchase
    Last edited by Steve Valentine; 23-01-2019 at 09:37 AM.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Way back when I was 15 (about a million years ago) I got invited with a couple of my dads mates to go get the numbers of greys down in a large wood. My dads mate lent me his ‘80, as it was ‘bloody powerful, so be careful’

Now, being a skinny 15 year old, this big old air rifle seemed enormous but boy was it nice to shoot. My rose tinted spectacles tell me that I barely missed I shot and I seem to remember getting about a dozen. At the time my dad was blasting the dreys with his Beretta 686 over/under but at 15 I was the sniper/marksman so I was the more important shooter that day.

Enjoy your new purchase
    A lovely recollection there Steve

I haven’t shot my HW80 (.25) in ages but it will definitely be getting an outing this weekend.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    A lovely recollection there Steve

I haven’t shot my HW80 (.25) in ages but it will definitely be getting an outing this weekend.
    Funnily enough, I was giving my .25 hw80 a bit of a blat last Sunday. It's becoming a bit of a favourite at the moment.