Thread: Opinion on the S410 - SL XTRA FAC .22 Good or Bad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    all the pro targets i seen are not sidelever cocking.
    That was the point I was making.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Chris might agree with me on this...if you want an fac air rifle,the best 1 is the rapid mk2 as you get more shots at a higher power.

can't see the point in a 20 shot fac air rifle personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    Chris might agree with me on this...if you want an fac air rifle,the best 1 is the rapid mk2 as you get more shots at a higher power.

can't see the point in a 20 shot fac air rifle personally.
    My .22 AA S300 FAC will give me about 28-30 shots. I would be doing rather well if i got 30 shots out when hunting. Maybe thats just me.

i have the sl fac in .22 purchased from chris in yarmouth, i run it at 25ftlbs and we got over 60 good usable shots at my club range last wednesday, point of impact only changed by 10mm from full to empty, over 70 shots where achieved by turning up the power towards the end to keep the point of impact the same, i like the power adjuster ratting in buidings just plinking etc. all with the one rifle, i would certainly reccomend you try to have a go you wont be dissapointed.

engineer

I love the 410 but teh 410E is a dog - a musket trying to be as big boy when it isn't. Get a Rapid

slims post just proves a major point, i personally do not like the rapid unscrewing bottles to fill is my no. one complaint, they never seem to balance very well to me and as for the looks well, but all this is subjective so do try before you buy.

engineer

Quote Originally Posted by engineer View Post
    slims post just proves a major point, i personally do not like the rapid unscrewing bottles to fill is my no. one complaint, they never seem to balance very well to me and as for the looks well, but all this is subjective so do try before you buy.

engineer
    I agree, after looking at pics of them they seem bulkey and heavy. Wouldn't be my choice I have to admit. If i do upgrade it will be probably be to an Air Arms S410. They seem an allround good gun and is backed up with the great reviews.

hi. i share a s410 extra fac with my father. imo bother with it. at full power (33 ft/lb ) it has a terrible shot count . also quite inaccurate past 50yds, whatever pellet is used. this sort of power deserves a regulator. try a super 10, or better still mk2 rapid. paul

Quote Originally Posted by engineer View Post

engineer
    get the daystate then it has a bottle but a charge hose go's into it

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I love the 410 but teh 410E is a dog - a musket trying to be as big boy when it isn't. Get a Rapid

Totally agree with what Gar.....oops I mean slim shagy says.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    That was the point I was making.

thought i clicked on the initial pro target reply Chris