Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
Sorry to say that I'm trying very hard, so far I confess with no success, to get my head round the fact that you seem to have been granted an FAC for a Section 1 BP revolver in order to shoot bloons from the back of a norse.

Have I got it right? [Over the way nobody is going to believe this].

Me being nosey - what was your 'good reason' to acquire this Section 1 firearm? It cannot have been target shooting, since you don't actually shoot it at the target -or do you? It can't be pest control either, unless you feel that bloons are somehow threatening to your livestock or crops.

So please, just put my mind at rest and tell me, and no doubt, a few others, what prompted your county Chief Constable to make his [to me] surprising decision.

tac
vcrai.com
Totally unhelpful. Also implies he's telling lies!

The more FAC's granted to sane, sensible people for whatever legal purpose they desire the better for us all in the long run.

Good luck to you,sounds like fun!

As for blanks you could try 30 or so grains of BP or Pyrodex. But you will need something to compress it and also hold it in the chamber at a gallop! You couldn't use a wad as it would become a projectile. Over the pond the re-enactors use the green florists foam. Supposed to disintegrate almost straightaway. Give you lots of smoke and flame!