i've had quite a few emails on this scope asking whether its any good or not.

i've not written a review before, and i've had chance to look at many high-end scopes, but i'll give you my honest opinion, and if anyone feels like adding to it, then feel free, as i would like to know what other people thought of this scope.

ok, i only got the scope last week, so i havent had time to go out hunting with it yet, but i did get time for a bit of plinking in the garden. my first thought when i took it out the box was "f**kin hell!! its bigger than my gun!!!" and it is a fair 'ol length let me tell you

after i bolted it to the S200, i had a little play with the AO, as i've not used these paralaxative jobby scopes before, testing it in the garden, at a known 30yrd distance, the markings on the AO where bob-on. i also checked it at 20 & 15yrds, and again, the markings seemed more or less ok. couldnt test it over 30yrds as me garden isnt that long, but when i go out hunting, i'll edit this post with how i find it.

the optics seem excellent, but i'm saying as i've only had an AGS 3-9x40 and a Hawke 6x44 to go by. the IR has 11 settings on it starting at "is the bloody thing on??" ranging to "i'm blind!!!", so i'm sure there will be a decent setting in there you will be comfortable with. the IR wasnt as tacky as i though it might be (with the scope only costing me £59.99 from JS Ramsbottom, though its now gone up to £80 i believe ), i've seen worse, but i'm sure it certainly wont be the best. the elevation & windage turrets seem quite good with thier half decent numerical markings and the free flip up covers do what it says on the tin, but you might be better getting hold of some decent ones from Deben or somewhere like that. i also got the additional sunshade which screws on the front of the AO, seems ok, but i think it might get cross-threaded if your not careful.

well, i think thats about it, i'll update this thread when i go out hunting, and i'm doing a HFT shoot at Tawd Vale on the 24/9/06, so if you want a closer look, let me know.

the scope cost me £60, and as i said before it seems to have gone up to £80, but to be honest, if i would have seen one before i got, i would have happily paid the 80 notes for it.

hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!