Thread: BSA STUTZEN Mark 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    A bit of over excitement on this thread I think.

I don't mind as I have a nice .22 Stutzen Carbine.
    Couldn't agree more. Massive difference between what someone thinks a gun is worth to what they are prepared to pay

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Massive difference between what someone thinks a gun is worth to what they are prepared to pay
    Never a truer word was spoken.

Value Vs Worth Vs Rareity ...Rareity always wins

Well -
    Values for these have risen enormously as mentioned and from personal experience here on this forum over the past few days , these are the prices that are being asked today right now .
    It does not have to be a Greener airrifle or a Lincoln Jeffries backstrap cocking airpistol to command high ££££ .

Troubleshooter's example in .25 offered to me here , at £650 : - sighted up , but with marks to stock is an immediate example .
    I had decided to opt instead for a different one , (sorry T'shooter ) .
    Unboxed but mint with full open sights front and back and with the steel foresight hood usually absent . Reading a magazine review recently ,the .25 Rb2 Stutzen is so so rare with one pro in the gun trade here confirming whispers that less than some alleged 95 - 100 units released with so say most sent to the US . They are worth seeking out and paying that bit more for , especially a minty one like my purchase , fully sighted by Williams which set me back :
    £ .

No , am not going to tell anyone cos that's my business .

Inproved's earlier Tap Loader .177
    Any standard Stutzen - if there is such a thing in a common calibre , is now scarce - A tap loader .177 in great conditon has to be worth £350 +/-
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 27-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Well -
    Values for these have risen enormously as mentioned and from personal experience here on this forum over the past few days , these are the prices that are being asked today right now .
    It does not have to be a Greener airrifle or a Lincoln Jeffries backstrap cocking airpistol to command high ££££ .

Troubleshooter's example in .25 offered to me here , at £650 : - sighted up , but with marks to stock is an immediate example .
    I had decided to opt instead for a different one , (sorry T'shooter ) .
    Unboxed but mint with full open sights front and back and with the steel foresight hood usually absent . Reading a magazine review recently ,the .25 Rb2 Stutzen is so so rare with one pro in the gun trade here confirming whispers that less than some alleged 95 - 100 units released with so say most sent to the US . They are worth seeking out and paying that bit more for , especially a minty one like my purchase , fully sighted by Williams which set me back :
    £ .

No , am not going to tell anyone cos that's my business .

Inproved's earlier Tap Loader .177
    Any standard Stutzen - if there is such a thing in a common calibre , is now scarce - A tap loader .177 in great conditon has to be worth £350 +/-
    But you are quite happy to quote other people's business/prices.
    The original foresight hood is present on mine, but you didn't ask about that.