Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
I had a mk2 rapid, with a reg and QF, it got me 2nd place in the benchrest league last year. Sold it to "upgrade" to an Anschutz 9015 dedicated benchrest rifle, which certainly is not 3 x the price accurate.

I should have spent a little time improving the Rapid, rather than buying the 9015 and looking like I need to shoot well!
Well said.

Yesterday, a group of us rapid owners meet up at kibworth shooting ground to hold a raffle, the prize being a custom built rapid (what else) the money being raised going to three worthy charities.

Anyway, the guys in the gunshop were a little dismissive when we said the prize was a custom rapid made up of spare parts.

I asked if they would like to see the gun? “go on then, give us all a laugh” They stop laughing when they saw it, they definitely stopped laughing when they dry fired it, and said “ wow, the action in really smooth and quiet, would you like us to put some air in it for you?” I told them “check the gauge it’s full!”

The gun sat on the counter in the shop for a couple of hours before the raffle draw, I can tell you, more people picked it up and tried it than all the other guns put together.

They was more than a few suppised shooter on the range when we took it out for a test too!

Well done to all those involved, we raised £4,000

Bb