Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Air Gun comp: who's interested?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now the Wife will have to let me buy this.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    Just buy it and tell her it was a £50 bargin from a car boot sale.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

All of the guy's that are interested in this New Competition that aren't already UBC members, please go to the Umarex Boys Club website and join via the link at the bottom on the left.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    Wouldn't you be afraid to shoot it?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

So come on Jim.

What's your critera then

As I need to decide what Open Sight >Air-Rifle< to use All from the 70s/80s

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Vintage Comp

I'd be up for this.

The cut off date and whats eligible would need careful looking at.

Just off to dust off the Light Pattern!

hell yes, i would love to try this! keep the cut off at 1970! my BSA standard light .177 will be cutting 1 hole groups haha

cheers, SP

Are Old Gits welcome too?

I have an old, I think about 1930, Webley MkI .177 air pistol, with the Safety Catch and the extended barrel. It has never been taken apart. I still love to shoot it, and I hope to get some glasses this year which will help me to shoot it better with the open sights.

I cannot travel, but I would love to correspond, and if I go into into it any depth, I might even engage in Postal Comps. The only problem is that I do not have a Referee at the moment. I have a girl friend who has been through good and bad with me, and does not like my involvement with even Air Guns. Nonetheless she would be willing to validate my targets, and she would give me any leeway.

So, is there any room for me there?

Alan Giles.

Quote Originally Posted by franktheferret View Post

I cannot travel, but I would love to correspond, and if I go into into it any depth, I might even engage in Postal Comps. The only problem is that I do not have a Referee at the moment. I have a girl friend who has been through good and bad with me, and does not like my involvement with even Air Guns. Nonetheless she would be willing to validate my targets, and she would give me any leeway.

Alan Giles.
    Hey! It's all on a trust basis. if someone cheats they are only cheating themselves! The Umarex boys club is one of the offshoots from bbs that offers a competition opportunity , well, several: 6M target and side shoots and police pistol and side shoots........ open and optical categories. and divided into hpa/co2/spring catagories.

I have an old, I think about 1930, Webley MkI .177 air pistol, with the Safety Catch and the extended barrel. It has never been taken apart. I still love to shoot it, and I hope to get some glasses this year which will help me to shoot it better with the open sights.

Alan Giles.

Hi Alan.

You Have PM regarding our pistol competitions

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Definitely interested in this, good call Jim.

Ever Postal!

Alan Giles.
    WHATEVER we decide on dates or equipment, Alan, rest asured it WILL be postal. That's how we UBC boys do our regular competitions. For a lot of reasons.

My wife and I are in Louisiana! But we will both be there for the UBC special shoot on May 23.

Cheers!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

vintage shoot

i'm up for it and would be pleased to offer any member who would like to enter but has no vintage gun one of mine for the competition,i'm afraid this would have to be from my close area and if a local(reasonably close perhaps 20 miles from canvey island) then not only would i enter but i would bring all my vintage guns to allow more shooters to try them.i'm at present trying to introduce bell target shooting to my stamping ground with as yet small response but it grows.more to the point i reckon all of the members of the club i frequent would probably come too.regards nik

lincoln jeffries,bsa standard,light pattern,3 cadet majors and soon to become 4 cadets.

Nice idea Nik,

However it will be an email/postal comp as are all the UBC comps
    It would be a bit of a drag for the comp organiser to run back and forth from New Orleans every month.

What would be a good idea though if, like you say some locals (to you) could all get together and enter

They would (as would you) have to sign up and Join the UBC
    The membership is a bit on the steep side costing £0.00p per year.

Check out the umarex boys club sticky for further details.

Take care
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by air revolution View Post
    i'm up for it and would be pleased to offer any member who would like to enter but has no vintage gun one of mine for the competition,i'm afraid this would have to be from my close area and if a local(reasonably close perhaps 20 miles from canvey island) then not only would i enter but i would bring all my vintage guns to allow more shooters to try them.i'm at present trying to introduce bell target shooting to my stamping ground with as yet small response but it grows.more to the point i reckon all of the members of the club i frequent would probably come too.regards nik

lincoln jeffries,bsa standard,light pattern,3 cadet majors and soon to become 4 cadets.

Nik, as Tony said, this will be an internet comp, but it would be great if a bunch of guys could all get together for their participation in it: even more fun that way!

Jim