Although we have had a few entries for the rifle MPL we have only had two brave soldiers who have actually submitted any scores

Although both rifle shooters are doing very well they must be getting lonely so how about those of you who have already entered consider getting started to punch some holes and submit your scores.

And any one that thinks that those who are in the competition are getting an easy ride to winning one of Georges superb end of season trophies should consider starting to shoot right now to see if they can make it a little more difficult for them .

You will find it is harder than it looks ( I did ).

To help the cause I have dusted off my HW55T and bunged some Meisterkugeln (pistol) pellets through it and sent my July scores in to George.

I will make some effort to improve but to be honest I find it hard work with a rifle and shooting some practice cards followed by the six match cards has worn me out!

I also found the 3.8 Perspex sight element on the rifle to be a bit too small for my eyesight and would like to find something a fair bit bigger! I found a 4.0 Perspex sight but I would like one even larger than that to be honest.

Maybe when I stop wobbling about so much I can handle a smaller front element but right now I am sure a larger one would help me quite a lot.

Anyway, I have made a start and probably got lucky with a few of the shots as well so I am encouraged to try again and have a go at the August cards over the next few days.

I am hoping a few more will be encouraged to jump onboard and boost the numbers a bit