Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long range airgun shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    And look now, people are achieving it!.
    Are they? Where's that then?

Kenny

I have to say that I understood exactly what you meant with regards to the can and the 1/4 inch ply. Having also enjoyed a number of HFT events at Juniper Green where the rifles were all chrono'd (all happily passing below 12fp) I must say that I agree with your view of posts that suggest otherwise.

If it was not for the fact that the competitions that you help run, at Juniper Green I would not have managed to get 2 people back into airgunning and they have both comented on the well run, safe setup and responsible shooters.

Like you say this is meant to be about enjoying our sport and sharing ideas, information and supporting one another.

Also it is rather amazing the number of 100 yard ... long range fun that we have all been enoying since a certain someone started a certain post.

Cheers
    Euan

Keep up the good work in Scotland as we all need to stick together

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by figjam View Post
    thxs euan,
    i must also reply that between your self and owen (i can never spell his name) are a bl00dy privelage to have at our shoots! (oh theres one this coming sunday)

I cant comment or blow my trumpet at your comments aboutrange safety as i only run a range the way i was taught and expect it to be!

Gary your running away with yourself again and altering what was said in the original threads.

Nope Kenny. I am paraphrasing accurately. You are looking at the old tosser with rose tinted glasses.

until the threads are re-instated and we can cross referance tne truths from the wild accusations put grand back in your pocket and let this slide!

I have no interest in reinstating anything, just dismayed at the gullibility of some of our members

If you notice i have never yet tried to 'quote' anything directly but have merely stated facts that were on here, but even if the posts were back up it would still be unfair as they were heavily edited to suit someones outcome!

who says they were unfairly edited? sounds like a whine to me. "I didn't really say it..."

so please gary, drop this crusade against an ex-member who cant defend himself or reply since being hounded out of here!

again - what crusade Kenny? did I start the thread? did I introduce Harry?

what is being broadcast her again is non-factual versions of the truth, still to cast harry in the wrong light!

ah, a conspiracy theory, never let the truth get in the way of a good old conspiracy

If he annoyed you that much gary and got under your skin, you even told him it was impossible and that he was talking crap yet your hosting a long range shoot????

Why not? I find the concept interesting. I like hang gliding, the difference is that Harry claims to be able to fly

yet you ctirticise everyones posts here made about there attempts at doing the same thing, i have twice posting pictures on various threads of groups taken and they have magically disappeared, lets see if yours get to hang around!

Who's posts have I criticised Kenny? Show me a few.

rgds
    kenny

Sorry Kenny, I offered to discuss this with you on the phone, but chipping away on here with illogical and rambling posts is more your style.
    That's fine.
    Follow your messiah Kenny, I hope he never lets you down.

Thumbs up Long Range

Sorry John, Don't see your name anywhere on my post. Still always up for a challange. My point is, where do you stop, Some people out there still think they can shoot rabbits at 100+. I will be more than happy to put up £20 if any one with a springer can put a group in at 100 yds (6 pellet group) of 2" or less. You can use ANY FT position. Any one interested this can be arranged at Kypeside shooting ground. Any one.

Regards

George

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    From being someone that wanted to hear more about all this, I've now lost the will to live! Maybe I should go and lie down, could be a good idea anyway, as I wrote off the Range Rover today.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham2 View Post
    From being someone that wanted to hear more about all this, I've now lost the will to live! Maybe I should go and lie down, could be a good idea anyway, as I wrote off the Range Rover today.
    Best thing that ever happened to it Graham, they were crap when they were brand new......

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bengarzy View Post
    Best thing that ever happened to it Graham, they were crap when they were brand new......

Ben
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I'll confess to not understanding this "time difference" theory at all. If there was a formula relating side-on BC, wind speed and flight time I could understand it, but what on earth does the flight time in a vacuum have to do with it
    Good question! It’s a very old rule-of-thumb that has the right dimensions and works in practice. The side-on BC thing is a bit of a red-herring, I think. It’s intuitively correct that the side-on BC value would make a difference but then, thinking about it some, the exposed profile of a projectile is basically a cylinder that has a dreadful Ballistic coefficient. So poor, in fact, that variations in the profile fail to make it much worse – or better. The side-on BC is therefore basically a constant regardless of the profile.
    … but all of this is supposition – I’ll see it I can find a better answer and maybe post the answer here.

ATB
    Dave
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein.

Born Again Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bengarzy View Post

Ben
    But at least they're cheap now

Quote Originally Posted by AAS410 View Post
    I will be more than happy to put up £20 if any one with a springer can put a group in at 100 yds (6 pellet group) of 2" or less
    Looks like it's time to get me ol' Webley Tracker out again

Make it £40 George and I'll shoot backward over my left shoulder using a mirror.

Just one question. Telescopic or open sights, which would you prefer?
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 22-08-2007 at 07:32 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Thumbs up Long range

Just for you, I will make it £40, and throw in a book. "Carpentry For Beginners" Are you up for it.

Regards

George

I will have a go at paper shooting at 150 yards as soon as the weather get better, i will get a dvd recording of this aswell.
    i will use my Condor .22 with a 21" barrel which is PTFE lined and has 100g steel hammer with two PTFE rings, i have three bottles
    1st has a valve stem of 5.5mm runs at 65fpe
    2nd has a valve stem of 6.5mm runs at 75fpe
    3nd has a valve stem of 7.2mm 120fpe

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/DSC00171.jpg
    http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/DSC00170.jpg
    http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/DSC00169.jpg
    There is a few member on here that have shot this rifle and know what its capable of

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lets c this one

Quote Originally Posted by stevenB View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lets c this one
    Steve you Knowas you have seen

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFF View Post
    I will have a go at paper shooting at 150 yards as soon as the weather get better, i will get a dvd recording of this aswell.
    i will use my Condor .22 with a 21" barrel which is PTFE lined and has 100g steel hammer with two PTFE rings, i have three bottles
    1st has a valve stem of 5.5mm runs at 65fpe
    2nd has a valve stem of 6.5mm runs at 75fpe
    3nd has a valve stem of 7.2mm 120fpe

Have you anything producing around 30 ft.lbs., Geoff? It would be interesting to see a series of 10-shot groups with that, mate.

Anyway, good luck.