Thread: improved model B with some history

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shabee View Post
    everything looks right about this gun, i cannot understand why you suspect it might not be a model b
    it has what looks like the flat shouldered dovetailed front sight, cocking lever without side strengthening and its clearly impressed "B"
    interesting the mix of Bsa impressed Markings and the engraving of locke's
    eric
    hi eric,its was just my lack of knowledge of these early BSA models and the inscription is not so clear to my naked eye as it appears in the photo.until i aquired this gun the earliest pre-war BSA in my humble collection was a 1922 light model.i was much impressed with Danny's article on my gun, really informative.i shall with his permission print a copy and keep it with the gun,cheers..greasemonkey
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi eric,its was just my lack of knowledge of these early BSA models and the inscription is not so clear to my naked eye as it appears in the photo.until i aquired this gun the earliest pre-war BSA in my humble collection was a 1922 light model.i was much impressed with Danny's article on my gun, really informative.i shall with his permission print a copy and keep it with the gun,cheers..greasemonkey
    Thanks Brian and Kevin for the kind words. I've now updated the article with some scans from John's 1923 Walter Locke catalogue.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.