Thread: Possibly the 2 rarest US CO2 pistol variants together

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There is little question that the Crosman 150 was the best engineered CO2 of the Golden Era 1950-60’s but Benjamin had a reliable good looking compact modern type CO2 pistol the 250 in 1952 two years before the Crosman 150. Yes, Crosman with the 150 took the lead in 1954 and never looked back. The Rocket was Benjamin trying to compete with the 150 in 1956. They weren’t better, but you could argue they had nice machining and a better machined bolt system than the cheaper sliding bolt cover of Crosman. But collecting joy often comes from the guns that were a little odd and short lived. The 2620 was such a beast as well as the much later 422 in 1969. The 20 shot loading mechanism is unique and would not be surpassed until Crosman’s 600 which obviously is a “classic”. But classic means they made a lot of them and they are not rare at all. A major collector of Benjamin Guns said to me on another forum that this 2620 was the first one he has seen for sale in 15 years looking. He only has one a serial number 200 from mine. Lastly I have a 600 and the downside is it’s too is a little odd looking, heavy, large, die cast and very complicated.

Holding a Crosman 150 with grip panels like the one below feels perfect in the hand!

Last edited by 45flint; 24-10-2020 at 08:13 PM.