Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Picked mine up on Friday just been to range and getting lots of light strikes with both Mini Mag and Remington about every second shot!

Recock hammer and it fired okay

Any idea

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Last weekend my ProTSC had 2 light strikes in about 200 rounds (should have had more ammo ). I got about the same rate in my Ruger 10/22 - so I'm wondering if its ammo & not gun. Can you shoot the same ammo batch in something else to rule that out ?
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Hi Dave

It was about 3 times every tens shots (ie every mag full) and as said tried two makes of ammo with same result

Tim
    Last edited by timtriple; 13-11-2011 at 06:41 PM.

I'd suggest stripping it & make sure there are no signs of excess rubbing. The slide will probably bed down after a bit, but it should have a small amount of lube on it.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Well stripped it gave a good oiling then today not confident in taking it down one of local clubs so drove down to The Tunnel where Richard made me most welcome and tried it. He fired off 30 rounds no problem then left me to get through another 200, fed and fired faultless apart from a couple.

Richard said just like having a new car with a rattle when you take it back to dealers?

We think maybe sticking firing pin due to be new and oiling freed it up.

It was great fun, tried with cheap standard velocity and mini mag, now to work on accuracy

Good-oh !

Dave,

Have you found any issues with your barrel retaining screw loosening up? The thread on my screw completely stripped and we had to use helicoils to fix it. Now that screw has been loctited in.

What sort of grouping can you get at 25yards? The best ive managed is about 3-4 inches.

that barrel retaining screw will come loose and damage the soft threads if the barrel can move

Im sure I have already mentioned it, but anyway. I stripped mine and wasnt happy with the fit, nor with the flippant answers I had read concerning, just keep tightening it, thats not a solution in my opinion

so I experimented, I found that by using small pieces of insulation tape stuck to the barrel, I could get the barrel to be a snug fit, this means that it cant move about, and hence the screw cant come undone

since putting mine back together its had somethign int he region of 3k rounds thru it, not once have I had to even look at the barrel screw, also if you grab hold of the barrel on mine, it wont move up and down like a lot do.

only thing I have done is remove the mag safety.

soon as I got some spare cash I will be putting new sights on it.

with regards to accuracy mine rested on the bench and a rolled up bit of carpet will shoot 1-1.5" groups at 25m, hoping to get a red dot on there and then see what its like.
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

I was having too much fun practising double taps to notice grouping
    Good tips from Tony about the screw, will try.....

boff180 Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Westcountry Tony View Post
    that barrel retaining screw will come loose and damage the soft threads if the barrel can move

Im sure I have already mentioned it, but anyway. I stripped mine and wasnt happy with the fit, nor with the flippant answers I had read concerning, just keep tightening it, thats not a solution in my opinion

so I experimented, I found that by using small pieces of insulation tape stuck to the barrel, I could get the barrel to be a snug fit, this means that it cant move about, and hence the screw cant come undone

since putting mine back together its had somethign int he region of 3k rounds thru it, not once have I had to even look at the barrel screw, also if you grab hold of the barrel on mine, it wont move up and down like a lot do.

only thing I have done is remove the mag safety.

soon as I got some spare cash I will be putting new sights on it.

with regards to accuracy mine rested on the bench and a rolled up bit of carpet will shoot 1-1.5" groups at 25m, hoping to get a red dot on there and then see what its like.
    Tony could you post some photos on where to put the tape please?

Thanks

Andy

I got a new canon camera which takes ultra slow motion video and thought i'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4GeUZZDwYQ

great fun video, Im still having breat fun with mine

a bit of a favour, does anyone have the old original rear sight kicking about that they have replaced? I been messing about with mine and misplaced it, trying to work out a way to put a red dot on, but not on the slide.

in the mean time I want to just have a play with the old standard dot sights

thanks

I have now had a few light strikes with mine too

nowt wrong with the ammo, recock the hammer and it went off the second time, will strip clean and lube it this week, shooting it in a comp this weekend, could do without any added problems on top of my total inability with it LOL

have bodged up a mount for a red dot, replaced the right hand grip and got a close fitting alloy thing going up over the top of the slide, will be putting a small rail on the top to mount a red dot.

hopefully get some pics up this week, seen you can buy something similar from the USA but I didnt want to risk spending money on something that I might not get on with. At least if this doesnt work it just goes in the bin and all I have lost is a few hours of my own time

Pro RSC 1911

Had mine for a few months now and love it. Very accurate bench rested....

Pro Tsc 1911

Example of my best target so far

Im liking that

is your dot on the slide, ie ie moves with it? I didnt like that idea for myself, wasnt sure if the red dot would survive long? hows yours going?

is it an expensive one?

that group is impressive.