Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    My replacement HW77 arrived this evening by hand so I've scoped up, set up a floodlight and some targets and tested the beast!!!
    Yaaay, nice one Mike, glad it all ended up well for you.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Yaaay, nice one Mike, glad it all ended up well for you.
    Cheers Paul, and in the process I changed it from a .177 to .22 for some reason. Great fun plinking last night!

Off to the farm shortly with my newly acquired FX Typhoon. Its going to be a cold but beautiful day,them moles better watch out as well

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Off to the farm shortly with my newly acquired FX Typhoon. Its going to be a cold but beautiful day,them moles better watch out as well
    Jammy bugger,

I need somewhere like that to shoot!!

Jammy bugger,

I need somewhere like that to shoot!!
    I've been lucky mate, it's beautiful. Been shooting there, must be nigh on 25 years now I think. The river Swale flows through 400 acres, very, very nice indeed Left to do my own thing, that includes falling asleep by the river when the sun shines

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Desperate to get out to my permission tomorrow to at least get the 80 zeroed up if I can.
    I've been lucky mate, it's beautiful. Been shooting there, must be nigh on 25 years now I think. The river Swale flows through 400 acres, very, very nice indeed Left to do my own thing, that includes falling asleep by the river when the sun shines
    How did it go today, Pauly? Itching to know.

Dave, that sounds absolutely idyllic. Hope your day went well with the new toy. I bet you didn't get a kip by the river today, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Dave, that sounds absolutely idyllic. Hope your day went well with the new toy. I bet you didn't get a kip by the river today, though.
    LOL no sleep today mate, but got out the wind on the river bank and had a lovely half hour in the sun, the sound of the river was very relaxing. The FX impressed for sure, it was a bit windy, but once roughly zero, d, I was hitting spinners out to 45 yards nearly every time, very impressed.

Shot a few rabbits with the shottie and one Mole. Two moles fell to the traps. Bugger all shot with the air rifles this time

:
    Well, I managed just under an hour at lunchtime today, at my permission, with the HW80. I found a convenient cardboard box and put it out about 20yds, it was a bit windy but not too bad. Probably put about 50 odd pellets through it and to be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the accuracy Tone, it was scattering pellets in 2" groups but not consistently, just when I thought I had the elevation zeroed it would drop a couple of inches and then rise a couple of inches then the same happened with windage. Mmm, maybe it's me I thought, new rifle (to me) and haven't sorted out my hold technique yet ? Anyhow, I went home and decided to put a few pull throughs down the barrel as the rifle has had very few pellets through it since new (I fully trust this information from the very trusted and reputable guy I bought it from) and a fair bit of browny coloured gunk was cleared until clean. I then decided to remove the stock to have a general squint around the action and.. the stock screws and both trigger guard screws were very loose, I could have undone them with my fingers. That alone gave me much comfort knowing that was probably the reason for the poor grouping. So, nice clean barrel, all screws nice and tight and ready to go. I'm confident it will perform much better now but I will have to wait until I get back to my range next weekend

Tonight, I spent a few hours at my permission (HW100 + Nitesite) - three feral pigeons and two rats, not a great tally but I was outdoors and shooting

I will let you know how I get on with the 80 next week matey.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Lucky lad.

Hope all goes well with your new toy, Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Lucky lad.

Hope all goes well with your new toy, Dave.
    Cheers mate, just scoffed my bacon sandwich, I'M OFF

Any blue moles up your way, Dave?

Cheers Paul, and in the process I changed it from a .177 to .22 for some reason. Great fun plinking last night!
    Good choice matey, I prefer my springers in .22 (apart from my .25)
    Last edited by NewPaul; 26-11-2017 at 03:24 PM.