Hi Guys.

I'd like to show this message from a new competitor Baduila (member 148)when he submitted his score. He has said it is o.k, because I think it really sums up what this competition is about & how we can get involved in with the shooting .

Some comments :-

This was my first attempt and first entry. Please find attached and confirm you make the scores the same as I have.

My gun has an 8 pellet magazine so to keep it to 5 shots per target I changed magazines between targets so it was shoot 5, change magazine, move on to next target etc. This did break it up a bit and was just wondering if this is how everybody else did it.

I've ringed two shots on the sheet. The one on target B I'm assuming was part of my group from target D so have not counted that in my score for B. 4 shots for B were on target and 1 was off so I'm sure the one I've ringed was from another group. The one I have ringed under target D is well off and I'm assuming this came from my group on target C. Switching to one hand really opened my eyes to how much I rely on another hand to steady my aim. I really struggled with C with only 3 shots hitting the target.

I enjoyed this format and although my score is probably low by your standards it did open my eyse to a lot of things but specifically when firing an 8 magazine group I didnt realise how much I used the first couple of shots to line up the bull. With 5 shots I dont have that luxury and all must count. Will take a bit of practice to get used to this style of shooting but I'm hooked now. Roll on next month.
Regards
Paddy.