I think the morale of this thread is that if a gun works for you, quite simply it works for you. If it doesn't, surprise, surprise, it doesn't. And this will clearly colour your view on the matter.
For my part, I'm enjoying the gun and it's proving itself in my hands for the purpose that I apply it to. I've no doubt many- if not all, of the super accurate modern springers will pee all over it. History will also in time dictate what is good, bad, and indifferent amongst them.
I once had to fettle a HW97 Centenary after it had been left cocked by mistake for over 6 months. I was genuinely shocked when I took the stock off to find two huge spot weld blobs on the front of the cylinder. So big in fact they forced the bifurcated stock section noticeably apart. I had to carefully grind the blobs down to more reasonable proportions to get it to sit in the stock properly.
I'm glad I didn't judge all HWs by that single example. If I had I would never shell out a copper on one ever again. But I am sensible enough to realise that that gun went through quality control without due checks into the shops.
We can all recount tales of woe with a particular make n model of gun. As I say above, if a gun works for you, it does just that.
Keep enjoying the gun Drew. And get yourself a squirrel soon with it
Dave