You're welcome, and thank you.

Yes, indeed I indeed did find there was a lack of space on the rail. I've just measured it and theres around 35mm of space on the front rail and around 32mm on the rear. But I must admit I didn't find the lack of space a problem. I have a Nikko Stirling 4-12x50 MountMaster fitted which is just slightly over 14" long, I have the rear mount fitted as far as it'll go back and the front mounted as far as it'll go forward - theres exactly 4 and half inches seperating the mounts when measured from the inside. I also have the mag ring of the scope 1mm away from the mount and it feels really good when shouldered, very comfortable. I'm planning on purchasing an MTC 10x44 Viper & I'll place the mounts in the same position as they are now - the Viper is more or less the same length as the Nikko so no problems there.

However, if you're finding the lack of rail space a problem you could probably look into a buying a rail extension of some sort or maybe even get one made to order to suit, although it may cost a few quid but I'm sure it'd be money well spent, then it'd just be a matter of fitting lower mounts to compensate in height. Or rather than go through all that you could just go for a mount that has just two Alan key screws rather than four, you could save a few millimetres by doing that, whatever you find easier. I do really hope you find a solution.

Power wise for the Concept, I hadn't a chrono with me at first but my friend managed to find his just after mid test session on my mid 30th or shot & we managed just three live shots before the chrono stopped working for some reason & before the weather went bonkers. If I remember correctly the readings were something like between 11.1 & 11.4(?) Ft. lbs using Air Arms Diabolo Field 5.51mm (can't remember the bar fill at that point), but I'll need to purchase a chrono in the near future and do some thorough testing.

In the Brocock manual they actually state that a small amount of experimentation may be needed with the fill pressure to achieve the best results. They also state for the Concept you'll get 60+ full power shots in .22. I don't remember how many they state for a .22 Contour? When first filled I done a few dry shots to make sure things were working fine so I didn't get the chance to find out how many it takes to get to optimum performance.

I was going to do some testing today but the weather is being difficult & it looks to be even worse tomorrow according to the weather view- blasted weather!

Does your Contour have the same side bolt as mine? And does your stock come in black? I heard that the initial Contour Super Six .22s come in this colour? And is it the XL version?