Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
The prices were silly money. They were asking £1400-£1500 for basically a park rh93 copy. Although it was fitted with a gas ram and not springs as per the park, but still that is just silly money for a springer when you are getting close to daystate sort of money. And their prices are stupid as we all know!

I sort of understand your point about price BUT--and it is a very big BUT-the way Whiscombe prices have gone since John packed up has made people think that maybe the right price for 'quality and quirky' is higher than the market thinks at present.
Also how much would you expect to pay for a Venom Varminter/Mamba etc and I don't need to remind you that they are based around a standard platform? I think there would be considerable demand for a high end self powered air rifle be it a single stroke pneumatic, gas ram or spring powered. After all (relatively) plain and simple PCP designs sell for over a grand these days and there is something special about a rifle being self powered rather than relying on a compressed air source.