Thread: 2015 April 11th/12th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    .Reason is I still have the frame set up and bell target I used at the poppy shoot, so maybe could bring this up along with some oldies, and modern league guns so people can have a go at 6 yard open sight standing fun

...Can't find any images of the set up... put up a LINK...

ATB, Ed
    Embedded a link to the Airgun Shooting coverage of the Poppy Shoot.

Don't like the sound of an even smaller hole Ed, I've been struggling with the regular 3/8" jobbie recently. 6 Foot Pounders struggle to trigger ours with a "splitter"... that's my excuse.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Embedded a link to the Airgun Shooting coverage of the Poppy Shoot.

Don't like the sound of an even smaller hole Ed, I've been struggling with the regular 3/8" jobbie recently. 6 Foot Pounders struggle to trigger ours with a "splitter"... that's my excuse.
    You need to do it proper with 11.6 like we do!...It was always a ''off the shelf'' gun sport to begin with, and old league photos I have seen and old boys I have talked to in our league seem to confirm that the guns used were normal springers. Obviously BSA underlevers dominated in the early days, but post WW2 guns like Airsporter clubs / Webley mk 3's arrived and these seemed to be the staple up to the 1980's with a few diehards still doing well with 45" CS BSA's (I have seen old score books and people were getting possibles back then and 23's / 24's were quite often seen). Now those 3 guns ran about 10-11+. The German stuff started popping up then and becoming more popular due to the weight, with several people now still using HW 80's, but I would say these days it's about 60-65% HW 77's the remainder various marks of TX200 with a few odd Webley Omegas / Superstars / others.

Many of the guns I see have been circulating in the league since the 80's with stunning early venom Tyro HW's being seemingly common...I have never seen so many since I started doing this discipline

Obviously all the leagues started with full power guns way back, but we are talking 8-9 for the shorter BSA's maybe 10.5 for the 30's long guns...I don't know how the various leagues morphed into using 6 pound guns, maybe it was because the target boys got involved and that is what they used (FWB 300's and the like).

ATB, Ed

...I don't know how the various leagues morphed into using 6 pound guns, maybe it was because the target boys got involved and that is what they used (FWB 300's and the like).
    It gives us an excuse to buy and use the old match guns .

Cutting edge in their day it's nice to justify their continued use, most of the better advances in "full power guns" filtered down from the match guns so you should show them some respect young Ed .

You need to do it proper with 11.6 like we do!...It was always a ''off the shelf'' gun sport to begin with, and old league photos I have seen and old boys I have talked to in our league seem to confirm that the guns used were normal springers. Obviously BSA underlevers dominated in the early days, but post WW2 guns like Airsporter clubs / Webley mk 3's arrived and these seemed to be the staple up to the 1980's with a few diehards still doing well with 45" CS BSA's (I have seen old score books and people were getting possibles back then and 23's / 24's were quite often seen). Now those 3 guns ran about 10-11+. The German stuff started popping up then and becoming more popular due to the weight, with several people now still using HW 80's, but I would say these days it's about 60-65% HW 77's the remainder various marks of TX200 with a few odd Webley Omegas / Superstars / others.

Many of the guns I see have been circulating in the league since the 80's with stunning early venom Tyro HW's being seemingly common...I have never seen so many since I started doing this discipline

Obviously all the leagues started with full power guns way back, but we are talking 8-9 for the shorter BSA's maybe 10.5 for the 30's long guns...I don't know how the various leagues morphed into using 6 pound guns, maybe it was because the target boys got involved and that is what they used (FWB 300's and the like).

ATB, Ed
    I can see the sweet shooting little HW30 doing very nicely at this, too. And the 35... And the 55......And, and.......

Really wish we had a bell target scene locally.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!