Thread: New acquisition 1955 Walther LP53

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for your advice and the date for my LP53 - the link to the James Bond gun is also very interesting!

Strange that one has a black grip and mine has a brown grip!

Is the blue silk lined case any rarer than the red silk lined case or visa versa?

I have two LP53 in blue lined cases and the LP53 mentioned above in a red lined case.

Did the colour of the silk lining change at a certain point in time or were they both used together making it just "pot luck" which colour you had lining the case?

I have the brass cleaning road and the wooden cocking aid and the small pellet tin. I think the spare parts have slid under the case lining - quite a common problem I have found
    Last edited by zooma; 13-02-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Both pistols in that link have missing rear sight elements.
    Mine dont so must be worth £300000.
    Ive seen more red boxes than blue but I dont know the answer.

Smile

Hi

I have number 094124 though it's had a hard life, I was given it free by a friend of my brother in laws

The rearsight still needs sorting out!!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 13-02-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for your advice and the date for my LP53 - the link to the James Bond gun is also very interesting!

Strange that one has a black grip and mine has a brown grip!

Is the blue silk lined case any rarer than the red silk lined case or visa versa?

I have two LP53 in blue lined cases and the LP53 mentioned above in a red lined case.

Did the colour of the silk lining change at a certain point in time or were they both used together making it just "pot luck" which colour you had lining the case?

I have the brass cleaning road and the wooden cocking aid and the small pellet tin. I think the spare parts have slid under the case lining - quite a common problem I have found
    Not sure it's right for anyone to have three cased LP53? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Not sure it's right for anyone to have three cased LP53? Lol.
    I am happy to part with one - hence the reason for asking the value so I have some idea of what price to ask when I advertise it.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.