Thread: Hw98

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I just bought a new 97 and should have gone for the 98 really. Thought an underlever would be what I really wanted to accompany the 80. I was wrong. Have fitted a kit to try and smooth the action, but when you consider all that a 98 has to offer, especially the weighted barrel, I have been drawn into the "it must be an underlever to be a target rifle." I envisage a swift part exchange very shortly!
    Andy
    Nah. The HW98 is a overpriced, unwieldly cannon with too long a stroke and too high a price tag. It's got a back block that's held in by tiles! You made the right choice, the 97K is the target gun. It doesn't need a weighted barrel, it has a built-in silencer, shorter lock time, permanent alignment between scope and barrel, no comparison, it is the stronger action. The 98 has the advantage of an adjustable cheekpiece and butt-pad, but you could add those to the 97 for £20 and the cost of some high density foam and some gaffer tape. How many HFT people use the 98? and how many the 97? go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Nah. The HW98 is a overpriced, unwieldly cannon with too long a stroke and too high a price tag. It's got a back block that's held in by tiles! You made the right choice, the 97K is the target gun. It doesn't need a weighted barrel, it has a built-in silencer, shorter lock time, permanent alignment between scope and barrel, no comparison, it is the stronger action. The 98 has the advantage of an adjustable cheekpiece and butt-pad, but you could add those to the 97 for £20 and the cost of some high density foam and some gaffer tape. How many HFT people use the 98? and how many the 97? go figure...
    After shooting my 98 this morning, I sometime wonder why I use anything else?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Got to agree with you. Best break barrel I have ever shot. Not a gun I would willingly sell.

Pete
    Pete