Thread: Hw35 Leather or synthetic piston seal ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Don't do it, Les.

The steel adaptor not only adds weight to the piston it also shortens the 65mm stroke, a better bet is to buy a complete synthetic sealed piston --- Knibbs had them on offer a while back

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...Part-No.-9192/

The synthetic sealed piston has a 4mm longer stroke than the leather sealed piston.

If you get stuck I'd be happy to collect one and post it to you.

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick
    Thanks for the great advice mate.Thats very good of you to offer your valuable time and effort Sir.;-).
    The gun was doing about 9 ftlbs with the old spring and was shooting nicely .Do you think it will be a upgrade in shooting manners and ftlbs energy ?, it's a .177 btw.
    Les..
    Last edited by les allam; 05-12-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Mick
    Thanks for the great advice mate.Thats very good of you to offer your valuable time and effort Sir.;-).
    The gun was doing about 9 ftlbs with the old spring and was shooting nicely .Do you think it will be a upgrade in shooting manners and ftlbs energy ?, it's a .177 btw.
    Les..
    The last 35 I bought from Micky2 on here was a .177" synthetic sealed gun and ran very nicely at just below 12ftlbs, Les.

So as long as your cylinder is sound changing to a synthetic sealed piston should keep it running nicely --- and having a little bit more swept volume gives a little more wriggle room for tuning.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The last 35 I bought from Micky2 on here was a .177" synthetic sealed gun and ran very nicely at just below 12ftlbs, Les.

So as long as your cylinder is sound changing to a synthetic sealed piston should keep it running nicely --- and having a little bit more swept volume gives a little more wriggle room for tuning.

All the best Mick
    Ok Mick, that sounds like a worth while upgrade.
    If I can take you up on your kind offer regarding the knibbs piston that would be great.
    YHPM
    Kind regards
    Les..