Thread: Just been shooting my FAC Pro Elite...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-pro-elite

See the initial AGW review - open sights, but a suggestion they wouldn’t continue into full production (which they didn’t).
    Not sure how I came by mine then??

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    Not sure how I came by mine then??
    Maybe it was a preproduction rifle Dave?
    Cheers Steve

Hi Steve, yes quite possibly.
    Admittedly, it didn’t have the sights on it when I bought it, just the witness marks of where they had been.
    The shroud had a tapped hole for the front sight and one of the arrestor pin holes was also tapped.
    I managed to chase down a set of sights from the helpful guys at the AA factory.

Also, if you look on the chambers website, the diagram shows a model with open sights.

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    Hi Steve, yes quite possibly.
    Admittedly, it didn’t have the sights on it when I bought it, just the witness marks of where they had been.
    The shroud had a tapped hole for the front sight and one of the arrestor pin holes was also tapped.
    I managed to chase down a set of sights from the helpful guys at the AA factory.

Also, if you look on the chambers website, the diagram shows a model with open sights.
    Maybe Rotherham Owl knows, but it’s a reasonable supposition that pre-production and/or early production PEs were fitted for iron sights.

Which is odd, given that the earlier TX was always a scope-only rifle. Perhaps they thought the US market wanted irons, but then changed their mind?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Which is odd, given that the earlier TX was always a scope-only rifle. Perhaps they thought the US market wanted irons, but then changed their mind?
    yeah, could be, or thst the heavy recoil (it's not) would be tough on scopes ?

Also, the TX is harder to open sight, with the cylinder so much higher than the barrel shroud due to the central TP design (unlike the 77/97), so maybe that was a factor too ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Maybe Rotherham Owl knows, but it’s a reasonable supposition that pre-production and/or early production PEs were fitted for iron sights.

I've had some further info on this that I am sure you will all find interesting & have amended the Pro Elite page on my site - https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-pro-elite
    Last edited by Rotherham Owl; 24-02-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    I've had some further info on this that I am sure you will all find interesting & have amended the Pro Elite page on my site - https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-pro-elite
    Excellent. I’d never have guessed that it was down to the Arabs.

Excellent. I’d never have guessed that it was down to the Arabs.
    They will be in an armory in 'some barracks' after being looked after for years by a British Military trained Armorer