Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
Were I to live somewhere where it was possible to hold full bore pistols I'd go for a 1911A1, an SV 1911 with double stack mag, possibly a Browning 9mm and a short revolver backup
I'm a big fan of capacity
Nick
Unless you planned to keep them solely in your home, business, or vehicle, Nick, you'd be surprised what a royal pain in the arse carrying even one of those guns would be.

I have a carry permit. My carry pistol is a tiny North American Arms single action revolver, in .22 magnum. It holds only 5 rounds: is hard to hit anything with: and is impossible to reload quickly (although I do carry 5 extra rounds for it, in a pouch in my holster).

So, why do I carry it?

Because I will carry it.

It weights only a few ounces, and is only about 4 inches long. It's so small and light I have to reach into my pocket to verify that I'm carrying it! And I ALWAYS carry it, unless I'm making a plane trip or otherwise going somewhere my permit's invalid. No visible holster, no need to cover it up with a jacket, etc.

It's in my pocket as I type this.

I sometimes think of the many people who have known me for years, and have seen me hundreds of times, who have never seen me that I wasn't carrying a gun. But who never knew that I was!

Jim