Thread: Automatic Target Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    i thought if i left the sales section alone id be free from temptation, but no.

I've had to add this to my list
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    i thought if i left the sales section alone id be free from temptation, but no.

I've had to add this to my list
    My work here is done.

Hopefully you can now come up with some target ideas?

I think I may struggle to get three systems from one controller as it cannot do simultaneous branching for my subroutines. Although I could perhaps queue them in sequence.

I don't normally program in scripting language. I'm more used to relay logic that is used on the industrial controllers or PLCs that I program for a living.

Thanks

Mark

That is bloody clever and makes me want some
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

I'll stick with my piece of string for the moment ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    I'll stick with my piece of string for the moment ..
    Can't be bettered, still works in a power cut, no batteries to run flat, and when it has a hissy fit and loses its memory all you need is a reef not and hey presto, you're up and running again in moments.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Cool as !

Im in the process of doing one myself, heres my first prototype made from a commercially available knock down/reset (wanted to see how they worked), an old epson printer, 2 servos, bits and bobs. Its controoled by an arduino which is basically a micro controller board which is programmed from a pc and then can run as a standalone or pc controlled. The one in the vid is manually controlled via switches etc at the end of a long cable.
    I have a wireless module and the idea is that the target part can either run on its own, maybe a set of "program modes" or can be remotely controlled from a pc/lappy/pda which could then log peoples scores, have more variable "games" etc.
    Hope you like it, sorry about the crap quality vid but had phone in one hand and controls in the other !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DwD7QzN98I

Excellent stuff.

We were thinking of a moving target as well. Perhaps something that moves on a rail system. But I like the idea of an old printer carriage.

Mark